How do you know you're asexual?

Mentally & physically? Do you have to have sex first? Or do you just know? Are asexuals happy or miserable? Aquired Or genetic? Thoughts?

• Its possible. you're born that way. you'll never be attracted to anyone. How do you know you're asexual?
  • you're just reacting to life. You can become more sexual. How do you know you're asexual?
  • You're blind to love anyone but yourself. How do you know you're asexual?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be difficult for young people to tell if they are 'asexual' or 'demisexual'. Neither of these are things where you can take a blood test, they are somewhat overlapping descriptions of sexual desires.

People may lose interest in sex as a response to trauma, or a reaction to upbringing, or from physical causes related to hormone levels or thyroid function etc.

Some asexuals are quite happy. They may be aromantic and happy alone, or they may be romantic asexuals.

Some asexuals apparently have no desire for sex, but i'd say most seem to actively not want it. Romantic asexuals can have good relationships with other romantic asexuals, but will tend to make romantic non-asexuals utterly miserable as partners.

Most Helpful Girl

• Asexual people can be attracted to people, they just don't feel the need to have sex with them. Asexuality can come in different "degrees". Some asexual people feel no sexual or romantic attraction towards anyone. Some asexual people feel romantic attraction towards others, but don't feel sexual attraction. Some asexual people feel some sexual attraction towards others, but barely (if ever) feel the need to have sex.

What Guys Said 7

• How do I know I am asexual?

Well I know because any sexual thought just disgusts me, it's like vomiting for me. Totally disgusting and plus I have taken lot of online tests, read articles and in that way I know I was born asexual, so for me it's genetic.

I am completely immune to any sexual thoughts.

Now to answer your questions:

1. Mentally and physically?

Yes, I am mentally and physically asexual. 100 % asexual.

2. Do you have to have sex first?

No, that is not a must, you don't have to have sex first in order to know if you are asexual. Your sentence itself is contradicting. I mean first of all an asexual will never have sexual thoughts, they will never have the feeling, the desire to have sex, so they will never have sex.

Keeping sex as a base to see if the person is asexual or not is not a logical point.

The moment someone mentions about sex, sexual activities that itself will disgust the person who is asexual so one can come to know if the person is asexual or not just by talking/mentioning about sex or sexual activities.

3. Do you just know?

Yes, that's also possible, you know yourself better than anyone, so it's possible you know you are asexual.

4. Are asexuals happy or miserable?

No they are not at all miserable. I am sure asexuals are happy. There is nothing wrong in being an asexual. I am an asexual and I am proud of it.

5. Acquired or genetic?

It is genetic. It has to be genetic. Logically speaking, I believe that a person either has the desire for having sex or do to sexual activities or the person is completely devoid of that desire to have sex, that is he/she is asexual.

It has to be natural, it has to be genetic, it cannot be acquired. At least I find it hard to believe that a person who has sexual desire becomes completely asexual and likely a person who is asexual suddenly develops sexual desire.

That's just not possible.

For me, as I said , I am asexual and it's genetic.

• Well if you were born that way, that would mean nature has created a mutation during your development that would prevent you from wanting to reproduce. It's an abnormality.

You probably just either fear pregnancy or have seen so much disgusting sexual things that you think sex is inherently bad.

• This is a very ignorant view of what asexuality is. I thought I was asexual for the longest time. Not because I'm scared of getting pregnant or because I thought sex was bad. I literally didn't feel sexual attraction towards anyone and that was that. Read up a little and stop making such negative assumptions about something you clearly don't have an understanding of.

• Yes because I realized I was demisexual, not asexual.

• This guy is a huge acephobe, just ignore him. Same as always, show me the study!

• I am asexual. Asexuality is a sexual orientation and like any other is just the way you were made. Asexuals can experience romantic and aesthetic attraction however. So, you could find someone to be handsome/ beautiful and want to form relationships but with no or little desire to engage in sexual intercourse with anyone; though some asexuals don’t feel those forms of attraction either. There are also grey areas where you may only experience sexual attraction occasionally.

• probably when you realize you don't like dick and you don't like pussy either.

• Asexual's don't have any sexual attraction at all and aren't interested in anything sexual at all. It's like they're almost blind to the sense. I mean they do feel attraction but not on a sexual level so they can't get turned on. If that makes sense.

• if your an asexual you may be attracted or love a guy but you won't feel any sexual connection between you and him.

• when nobody will have sex with you lol

What Girls Said 10

• I think I am an asexual! But I am not sure yet... but one things for sure I LOVE MYSELF!

• There's a lot to explain about asexuality so I'll just leave this here: http://www.whatisasexuality.com/intro/

• You don't feel any sexual attraction to either genders.
    I am not sure if this includes mental/personality attraction.

• It could be low-horomes, it could be that they've been so hurt they never want to be with anyone ever again so they learn to shut off the sexual-reflex for good, it could be many things.
    You can become an asexual or something close to it. Actually, as humans get older they get more and more "asexual" because they are past the reproductive stage until you stop being fertile altogether. So asexuality or something similar to that happens in humans anyways when we age.

• Honestly, this sounds like it might be a biochemical abnormality/sexual disfunction. You should see a doctor.

• No! Asexuality can be a blessing! Especially if you're not considered attractive or desirable to the opposite sex.

• I am asexual, we may not be common but we are perfectly healthy and normal. Asexuality is just the lack of sexual attraction. You should look it up, there is no evidence that shows we are unhealthy.

• This may not be the case for everyone, but after my boyfriend assaulted me I wanted nothing to do with anyone romantically or sexually for years. I finally got help, got a girlfriend, and now things are better. I'm still not all that into sex but cuddling is where it's at anyway😊

• A - of course...

• Umm I guess it's when you don't feel sexually attracted to anyone but you can still be romantically attracted to someone.

• your born like that, i'm asexual too

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more