A guy asked me to get a drink with him- is that a date?

As above- drinks or coffee, is it a date?
I don't know him well but he's kind of flirty.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, if he's kinda' flirty, then it might be! But I would say it is a date. I'm no expert, but generally, guys don't ask girls out to do thinks like consume beverages of any sort unless they have an ulterior motive (not a bad thing with guys, since all guys play the "long game" with all their "friends that 'happen to be girls' by chance!") You're good! And if not, be assertive and act like "how dare he!" I mean, you are the chick and he, merely the dude! Perhaps, one day you will appreciate this fundamental fact of life, but for now, just trust me, he's asked you on a date. Enjoy!

Most Helpful Girl

• A hangout, to get to know you better. I'm sure it would lead into a date if he sees something in you that's relationship worthy

What Guys Said 4

• not necessarily... i mean... he might just wanna hang out...
    assuming its a date could lead to disappointment when you find out its not.

• Uhhhh not exactly a date , just a meet and greet session. This could be to determin if there will be future dates

• I think it is yeah

• Yes, most likely.

What Girls Said 4

• Likely is, yes, unless it's in a work environment, happy hour style

• I would say it is just to get to know you as a friend unless he told you it is a date. Good luck :-)

• Naah.

• If you don't know him too well, and it's only the two of you, I would say it is a date! :)