Liking other girls selfies, is it something you'd break up over?

I've been dating this guy and things have been going amazing and I thought he was really interested in me. But then I saw on Sunday he liked some other girls pic. Before you start giving out and calling me insecure or a bunny boiler. My ex used to do this all the time and it turns out he was cheating on me with one or two of the girls. He would like there pic and then slide into their dm. Same with me if I upload a new pic the only guys only like it too creep.

i know it sounds silly to most but too me it's a massive form of disrespect. I don't do it when I'm with someone because I'm worried it would hurt their feelings because at the end of the day you're letting someone else known you find them attractive.

I really thought this this guy was different and it just makes me want to end it. I don't want to put myself through that worry. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry, you need to grow up a bit. I like selfies because its a good pic not because i want to hook up with them. My wife does the same. We have been together for three years, and not once has she cheated on me, and nor have i cheated on her.

Its not disrespectful in any way unless he is leaving sexual comments. Let me put in a context that makes a little more sense. Just because he likes one kind of food does not mean that he loses all appreciation of other food. Its natural for both man and woman to look, and to control that aspect of your partner is both controlling on your part and reveals your insecurities.

At one point in time i dated someone that was like you. Of course in my case it wasn't selfies, it was the act of interacting with someone at a check out stand or any where else for that matter. Her impression was if i was talking to someone of the opposite sex that was not her, was not gay or was not actually a male or a family member, it was cheating. It went so far as to say that if i was out with her at a movie, and there was a love/romantic scene i was required to look only at her, not at the movie, because to look at the screen during that was cheating. I dropped her very quickly because i dont need that kind of BS in my life.

If you dont Grow up and look at it objectively i promise you will lose him.

• It is disrespectful. I had one married guy, i knew through fruends like every single picture one day I ran into him at bar. We started talking and he told me he liked all my pictures because he wanted to get my attention. Probably you and your wife don't do anything but don't tell me that others don't do for other motives. Because when I was single I did it myself I only liked people I found attractive and wanted them to know I did !!

Most Helpful Girl

• No, my guy does this but it's actually just because he thinks it's a good picture, but it actually means nothing to some people. Like it took me forever to get over this and I'm still ehhh.. about it, but I've seen the way he scrolls through IG and he literally likes just random things he comes across and doesn't give it a second glance, it almost just a habit thing, "oh nice picture, like." end. There have even been times I asked why he liked a picture and he literally doesn't remember doing it, and is like "i literally have no idea, I don't know it was probably just a good picture". He objectively recognizes that it's nice but it doesn't mean more.

If you really like this guy I think you should give it a chance, this isn't something to break up over, if anything you can just talk to him about it and explain where your insecurities come from.

What Guys Said 12

• What the actual fuck? How insecure and untrusting are you that things like this bother you? It's just a like, who cares? I like my friends pics all the time, because they're my friends and I like seeing them happy or looking beautiful. You seriously need to reevaluate what a healthy relationship is.

• i see where you're coming from, but your ex was a bad guy, your current boyfriend could possibly be a good guy. don't see him the same as your ex unless he gives you more of a reason too.

• This is just you, I like girls selfies all the time, I dont even want to sleep with half, there is nothing creepy about liking a selfie, I mean why the hell are you even posting them? Yes, for you to get upset becaus ehe likes his friends selfies is wrong

• I like pictures of female friends all the time when I am in a relationship. It really does not have to signal romantic interest. It's a bit like thinking your boyfriend will cheat on you if he drinks water because your previous boyfriend also drank water and he cheated on you.

• Trust issues sis, has he given you a reason not to trust him? Let the man breathe

• I hear girls don't like that. I think it's fine as long as there is no RL or virtual contact.
    However, if you don't like it, tell him about it.

• Nah idt there's anything wrong with it
    I understand that you were cheated on but what makes you think liking pictures is the common denominator?

• If a girl breaks up with me over Instagram likes I'd laugh at her because that's insecurity all over

• If you don't like it tell him. I think it also depends on the content on the photo and if he wrote any explicit comments on her picture. This is something you're going to have to talk with him about.

• i didn't do that even when i was single. whats the point? its not like they'll fuck me for it or something... .

• You're very insecure I'm afraid!

• You're such a bunny boiler.

• Now for my serious answer, the problem isn't what your boyfriend is doing.
      Your ex is the one who messed up, it's not fair to your current boyfriend to have to deal with someone else's mistake.

If he hasn't given a reason not to trust him then you can't assume the worst.

• @Rollinginthedeep
      Sure you will. Send me an invite sweetheart.

• when her future husband finds out how insecure she really is, he's going to realize just how badly he's fucked up lo, kind of feel sorry for the guy.

What Girls Said 10

• If it's a friend, it's nothing to worry about.
    If he's just liking random girl's selfies of them all done up, girls he hardly or doesn't even know, I'd be pissed off.
    All these guys saying to give him a break, please tell me how it's going to kill the guy to refrain from clicking like on a picture of another girl? Like I said, if it's his friends, it's innocent. Put like the OP said, to like another girl's selfie who isn't a close or casual friend is basically saying that he thinks she's hot and deserves his like.
    Every time I see a guy who looks good on my facebook, I don't like it. I like pictures of my male friends on fishing trips or whatever the hell they do. A new haircut or something. But when pictures of shirtless guys pop up, or random men I think look attractive, I don't like because it's disrespectful to my boyfriend. And guess what. I haven't died. Nothing bad has happened to me because I didn't like a guys picture.

• You don't technically need a reason to break up with someone. Is that something that I would do? No. Are you free to end your relationship for any (non) reason you choose? Yes.

• finding other people attractive is different from liking/loving someone.
    let s face it there are plenty of attractive people and a lot better looking than you.
    just because he s going out with you doesn t mean he s now blind and oblivious about people's good looks.
    plus they can be his friends.
    not every guy is the same and has the same motives, chill.

• oh we seriously need to get over this shit.

• I have liked many pics on peoples profiles before while in a relationship and it didn't mean I was cheating or wanted them. If its a nice pic I liked it. It might be different though if he starts commenting (saying dirty things for example)
    I had a friend back in the days of MySpace saw that her boyfriend commented on a gorls pic wanting to "tap that ass" now thats a red flag!
    Talk to him about it.

• Still a bunny boiler.
    Your accusing hin of things you don't actually know he is doing.

• no. maybe f i found out that he liked every single pic a girl posted bc then it would seem like he actually likes the girl. but i like random pictures of cats and burritos everyday and i dont want to have sex with either...

• Nah no reason to fuss

• You're exactly right it's totally disrespect and disregard for your feelings. And the idiots saying otherwise just ignore them

• That happened with my ex too, but only after he cheated was when my insecurities began. I get why you wonder, but question is, do you trust him? If you do, don't sweat it too much. I agree that when you're in a relationship, you need to have respect. But not everyone sees it the same way. Talk to him, communication is the best way!