What are you supposed to wear to a bar?

I'm going to a bar for my first time with this guy because he invited me to go with him, is there anything I should know about and what should I wear?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be aware that some guys will try to spike your drink (drug you). don't leave your drink under anyones control. In fact, I say don't drink... drink water, or only drink mildly so you have your wits about you. You can always make whatever choice you want and have just as much fun.

You may get hit on even if you are with someone else.

What to wear... I 'v left that to the women.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wear whatever fits how you'd like to be perceived.
    If you're looking to meet a guy to hook up with, wear a skirt and/or skimpy top. If you're going to mainly hang out, especially if you're kinda with someone already (like in your case), some skinnies and a v-neck should suffice.

• I was thinking about wearing high waisted lululemon leggings with a crop top, how's that?

• a crop top?
      It might be a bit chilly for that but it's your call.

• With a jacket ofcourse!

What Guys Said 13

• Normal casual clothes, I don't think there is any dress code as such.

• Wear what ever you feel most comfortable in, pretty much anyone that goes there is doing the same thing.. also always be who you are, hope it all works out for you. have fun.. take care now

• Depends if you are going at night or during the day. During the day i suggest a sweater type deal with jeans and boots or comfortable shoes. During the night I suggest a flattering top with a leather jacket and dark jeans and boots.

• Bodycon n pumps
    So hot
    Unless it's a really casual place

• You have never been to a bar before? Do you live under a rock? I wear casual clothes, sweats and a t-shirt. for a date probably nice jeans, and a nice shirt. nothing fancy, a bar is a laid back place. Know what you want before you call the bartender over.

• It's because where i live you have to be 19 to go to one and i just turned 18 and okay

• jeans, boots and a shirt... you're set.

• Little black dress;-)

• Huh you should know that people don't wear anything in there

• Something skanky. If you're planning to get a little sloppy I wouldn't do the heel thing (even though they're hot) just because you're most likely be falling over and look stupid. But in general less is more; but stay within your comfort zone too.

• clothes

• Don't wear anything...
    Its a bar.. You're drunk..
    You have an excuse

• Try to wear something conservative or you'll have a line of drunk guys saying "Nice tits"

• short skirt

What Girls Said 5

• I dunno pants?

• A cute top and tight jeans.
    I like to pair It with heels.

• That sounds super cute. That will do!

• Different types of bars here In Melbourne, Australia have different dress codes.

I dress to suit these.

• I usually wear jeans, a niceish top, and heels, but it really depends on the type of bar.

• Whatever you want. If it is considered a bar and not a club it should be pretty casual, must people come in wearing their work clothes and that can vary greatly