Are really any good guys left out there?

Are there any good guys left in the world? I was dumped two months ago by my 2 close to 3 year relationship boyfriend now ex boy friend I was still holding on because he said he loved me and wanted to stay close but did believe I deserved better, as a resort to him messing up he took on drugs and drinking and lead me to beleven that he still loved me but just wasn't ready to be with me. He was my first love and everything. Our relationship had its ups and downs but was good especially the 6 months before he broke up with me. Anyway I recently found out he slept with someone or believe he did as he has hickies. We used to still talk and he would ask me out on dates to the movies or dinner or just a drive but stopped during spring break. So I asked him if he was speaking to someone and hooking up with them so I could just give up seeing as if he can have sex with someone else he doesn't love me (he knew I was open to sex we hooked up twice before) he responded with he didn't have to answer the question and I can think what I want but that he is single
And he is however because of all the things he said and did I believed part of him still wanted to be with me and that we still had a chance after graduaction.
I'm really just tryinf to move on I have deleted his number and text messages. I feel like there are no good guys out there and the ones who are. Are with girls who are bogaz. I'm afraid I will end up alone or that the guys in my generation will just get worse and worse. They are either disrespectful, only want to fuck around or just have issues.
I've hung out with this other guy 4 times since our break up but I don't think he's the type to want anything serious and I don't think I have a chance with a guy like him.
I just want to know if there are guys out there that are good or at least decent. You have your flaws your not perfect. But you respect your girl and don't let others disrespect her you are loyal and honest and at least try to make her happy

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I would never brag or nothing that I am a better guy then any other, but I am one that does get along well with the ladies, and I still to this day date even tho after the fall I had left me wearing couple of different garments that I used to wear but I am honest to my lady friends about that right off the bat, before any date takes place and when I have told them this it has made no difference, and not one date has declined because of what I wear, I also would never cheat or stray on the women I am with and treat them all with the respect they deserve.

And l listen to them when they want to talk and am an honest guy and I expect the same thing back from them and have always got it, I like to take my dates usually to dinner, a movie, then somewhere to dance.. on a few it was all three.. to my way of thinking honesty is always the best policy.. with that tool a person can go a long ways.. it has always worked for me.. take care now.. hope everything what ever you do down the road.. works out for you

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, there are some good guys left out there. Not the self proclaimed ones that are all talk, but when it comes down to their actions they aren't exactly "nice" or "good". But genuine good guys that actually respect others and show kindness, I know some of those.

• I know a few of those, too. Men better than me. We are not all gone, Mlle. And it's not always about kindness (although this is a virtue, it's about the code we live by).

What Guys Said 39

• Yes, of course there are good guys left in this world, I am also one of them.

Nice guys are still there but unfortunately women won't like nice guys, good guys and will eventually leave them for someone else, or someone better ( who may not be that nice), It's unfortunate but it's true.

There are very few women who stay with a nice guy/good guy till the end.

• Yep, most guys are like that. Just because a few have done wrong, doesn't mean everyone will.
    You're just focusing on the negative men, and ignoring the good men. It's the "missing tile syndrome". There's a wall that is absolutely perfect, BUT, it's missing one tile. There's 99 perfect tiles, but one is missing. You just focus on the missing spot, and therefore can't see the perfection of the other 99 tiles.
    Now apply this to men. There are 99 perfect men (obviously perfection doesn't exist, but you get my point), but there's one awful one. You're just focusing on the bad one, ignoring the rest, and therefore believing every man is bad.

Stop. Surround yourself by good men, and stop hanging with the wrong ones. You said you're hanging out with a guy that doesn't want anything serious... you've hanged out 4 times with him. Why? If you know he's not looking for the same as you, why do you still hang out with him? Drop him and go for the good man, there's millions out there. You've got so much to choose from, you're wasting your time with the bad ones and letting the good ones go.

• @BuchitaBuchys and the generalization of men continues.

• If you are sleeping with him, he is NOT your "friend". He is just getting the panties. You say you don't want anything serious with this guy but I think you do. Date a guy who wants something serious. Guys will do to you what you let him. If he keeps getting pussy and doesn't have to commit he probably never will. If a guy wants you he will pursue you and make you his girlfriend. Neither of these guys seem interested.

• @curiouskitten67
      the guy I have hung out with after my break up is my friend. We have no had sex, kissed or fooled around in any type of way, I slept woth my ex twice after the breakup, because though I know what signal I'm giving him, I gave into temptation and I wouldn't go sleep with someone random. The last time I slept with him was over a month ago nd a half ago.

• I regret that more girls didn't answer you. We guys are clearly biased. While there are plenty of girls and guys in bad relationships on this forum and many of both sexes who have been cruelly used or abused in relationships, there are many, many others who seem to have healthy relationships. That means that many guys (and girls) are decent, respectful and hopefully loyal and honest.

The guys you describe seem all of the same type. This suggests you spending time with the wrong sort in the first place. You probably have to reevaluate where and how you meet guys. The problem isn't the lack of good guys; the problem is finding a guy who is both good and compatible. It may require that you expand your notion of who you could be compatible with.

• There are a lot of good guys out there. However, like me most of them hide.

• I can ask the same question. Are there any good women left? To answer your question yes there is and I am one of them. It's just hard to open up, because my kindess has been taking for a weakness multiple times, so now I am more aware of who I talk too.

• I understand, I feel like I am a good female/with. I honestly don't see myself taking out anything that has happened in this relationship on anyone new. I'm just afraid a guy will take advantage of my kindness or not even that but me in general.

• I completely understand where you are coming from. Your best bet will have to go with our gut and just be ourselves. One of these days someone will accept us and if they don't, then it wasn't meant to be.

• Of course there are. You're only 18, you have a long time to find one. Just be picky and don't settle for less than you expect. In the long run, it never pays off to compromise. Good luck 😊

• Definition of good is an interesting question but I'll ignore that. Yes, I've met some good guys your age I think fit that, they are out there. You may have better luck in a church where at least some values are conveyed.

sorry about your loss. it sucks! I say stop hooking up. My generation would say that is not "good girl" behavior. I don't know about your generation... you have to determine your boundaries, values, morals.

• Mlle,

Seek a man who still abides Chivalry... I am not sure about your generation, but I have to believe it's still out there, somewhere.

I could tell you stories upon stories of great battles and Knighthood...

• honestly, yeah there are.

• looking for a decent guy? im here :D just kidding. :P i would say to you that dont you think its a sign that you shouldn't rush into these things and you should stay single for some time and be happy with your self and when the time will be right you'll meet the right person, and there are some nice guys that you want so dont worry and dont rush.

• yore only 18 ...

And hey its not my fault girls choose shitty guys, good looking and overall great guys exist everyone but some women just choose the shitty ones and complain later i've seen it before, maybe you're not exactly good quality either to begin with...

• Um, at your age the best place to look is... see that sign that says shy guy? take a swing past there, you find that it's in the "friendshipzone" department. A lot of caring guys are shelved here. There are loads of them. The majority are awesome, you just got to sometimes help them by adding some spice.

• I'm a good guy :)

• There are plenty of good guys out there, you just need to learn to that 'good' guys aren't likely to be the ones who give you the hard sell in the club.

• I myself would say I am, I guess. ._. I tend to love making my girl happy. Like seriously best feeling ever when she is jumping for joy. She does it for me to ^-^. Now ofc I have my flaws where I am a little jealous even though I know she'd never cheat on me, but again, she's the same way, we eventually found a median and never have to be jealous anymore. And as for honesty we literally tell each other everything. No seriously literally. LIT-ER-ALLY. But yeah I don't know. I guess I'm one?

• I'm not a good guy or something
    But I can't cheat
    Like I haven't cheated in exams 😂
    So that word isn't in my dictionary :P
    What else can I say 😜 LOL

• there are.

but here's the thing. when someone has too much power, they will more likely to be corrupt and think they can do better or have another.

this doesn't help stay with the person or work things out. it can often be a struggle of power and ego.

around your age. even the good guys may just be growing up and visible to you.

all you can do is, protect your heart, get educated on the dating scene and what to avoid etc.

• What type of good guy? A doormat with no confidence or a good guy that has confidence and he's very great in bed?

• Confidence is always good but honestly my definition of a good guy is like he's honest, he trys to make me happy respects me and is loyal. If he's not confident I would try my best to bring it up, he doesn't have to be a social butterfly or play sports or have a car or big job. He just needsaid to be respectful of others me and himself and not be "good" but a decent person.
      I just mean a guy who actually takes his girl into consideration and doesn't just fuck her over or use her

• Right? I feel like if I am nice all the time, which most of the time I am, then they will get bored and drift off. It's happend multiple times, so I am trying to mix things up.

• @thatboye Have more confidence and be sexy in the bedroom.

• usually id say yes obviously haha because i am one... but im so done with these questions haha, no we are all dicks who just want the sex part of relationships

• They're with all the good women.

• plenty

• Women don't want good guys cause the minute they
    show up you call the pushy, doormats and boring stick
    with what we all know you like a holes.

• Of course not.

• Maybe you should start reconsidering what sort of men you try to date?

• That's somewhat my problem I know a variety of guys both "good" and "bad" the good ones are either taken or they are well not confident, I never flirt or try to do anything with who you could consider the bad guys. My problem is I've only dates two guys my current ex and this one guy I thought I liked but after a week I was bored. My current ex I was with him for almost 3 years. The first 2 were great and even the months before the break up were still good we didn't fight much, we were communicating and then one night his mood was off I found out he kissed another girl and he said he felt like shyt and (he made this promise when we started dating) that he would leave if he ever cheated on me. He said the kiss meant nothing to him it was a mistake but that I deserved better his excuse of drinking and going back to smoking was that he felt like shyt and a failure.
      So I haven't dated many or really any guys but one, and thought a lot of guys asked me out in elementary school my ex was

• My ex was the only person who expressed likening me and having a crush on me in high school he made the moves and changed a lot for me but then obviously things fell apart.
      I never try to date someone I can't accept. I accepted my ex because he had stopped drinking smoking treated me good respected me was romantic everyrhing. And I never found anything that lead me to believe he was unloyal but then that happened and he was honest that it happened. I wouldn't try to date any guy who I don't have the same morals as or couldn't respect

• You're 18 darling haha. Most high school relationship don't work out, people grow up and change that's life. There's plenty of guys out there some good, some bad.

• YES, @iFarted is a example.

• Of course there are, we're not ALL dicks.

• Lots of them including me...

• very very very very very very very very very very very few
    same with women

• There are good guys out there, girls just tend to snatch us up quick lol.

• More from Guys
    9

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• I hope there are many good guy out there!