Does wearing a ring means your married?

If you wear a ring on your left hand does that mean your marry?

Most Helpful Guy

• no, i used to wear one just so that girls don't come up to me

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• it is supposed to (traditionally anyway) but many people wear promise rings or just wear a ring on their left ring finger just because they want to.

• Yes, it's a symbol from union. But depends on the finger.
    habibilifestyle.files.wordpress.com/.../...r-1.jpg

• No it doesn't mean your married but the left hand is the marriage hand so people who see a ring on your finger will assume your married.

• No, not necessarily ... how ever it implies that you are married so even if you're not people will probably think you are, if you're taken it doesn't matter but if you're single that could stop lots of people form appraoching you, cause lets face it who wants married people...

• No, some wear it to prevent being hit on

• i dont think so, anyone can wear a ring for any other purposes too.

• Sadly no.

It could mean a whole lot of things; just like when girls are about to walk past you and flip their hair - well, always thought it was meant to mean it's an approach signal but apparently not according to the girls here

What Girls Said 13

• hmm I am considering going to the 1st jewelry shop I find, buy myself a ring and voilá: I'm married!

Sounds about right... O___o

• ... seriously?

• Not always, some people might do it because it looks better on that hand. Though normally it's only for wedding band and engagement rings.

• No, signing a piece of paper stating you're married means you're married.
    If you're curious if someone is married, ask them.
    I'm not married and like rings, and wear them occasionally on my left hand :)

• It depends on what finger. I wear rings on both hands but its the ring finger on the left hand that means it could be a wedding ring or engagement ring.

• Ring finger on the left hand means married or engaged.

• That's what it's supposed to mean.

• Either engaged or married.

• No, there are different types of rings, not just the wedding ring.

• Yes it means you're married or engaged to someone.

• srsly?

• that's what I was always told/taught. could just be that way for certain religions or cultures.

• yes or fiance