Guys, how do you fall in love?

Do men's feelings grow over time like women or do they experience falling in love differently?
I hear men basically know how they feel about a woman pretty early on. I hear it takes a lot longer for women.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's true, men do fall in love faster, yet they need openness, trust, faithfulness, her energy, her vulnerability and willingness to be commanded and directed out of love and best interest for her well being to fall in love, other than that it's like and often if he doesn't get these things he'll never truly be in love, but he could still love her just not be in love with her especially if she's closed off.

What Guys Said 18

• well, if the attraction is all there, it's pretty easy.

first things first, if she's pretty, that's already like half the battle, second, amazing character and awesome personality, then if she is on the same page as the guy in terms of commitment, feelings, everything, that's it.

I only speak for myself.

• Thats what YOU heard? what about the whole "women know within the first few seconds..." bit?
    plus I've known women to fall "in love"... and they haven't even talked to the guy yet. Men only "feel" the physical attraction, the rest comes after, if it ever comes.

that being said, i usually just get a big pillow with "Love" embroidered on and sometimes, i just fall on/in it... :) never disappoints.

• A lot of men confuse infatuation and lust with love. Men experience love the same way women do but men are much simpler creatures, we don't need much. Guys are far more superficial than women are a simple way of putting it is that Guys give love for sex and women give sex for love, if you catch my drift.

• Ok lol guys do know really early on, and tbh ik for a fact it's really easy to tell if a guy is in love with u, there is a difference between love and like, if he likes u he's going to (hold the door open, complement you, never say anything negative about you, he's going to do what u ask, go out of his way to look better than the others, but eventually all that effort will wear down, a guy that loves you is going to do all of that and then some, always will put u first like over a job or a house, even his family if nessary, he will make u feel like u r his universe and nothing else madders except your happiness, his going to want to spend every minute with you and yeah ik I'm really young but trust me I've been in love before and it took me a year after she stopped talking to me for me to stop thinking about her every day. by the way, I was 13 when I was in love, rn I just turn 16 the 9th of march, and trust me when guys fall they will fall hard, the hard part is telling the fake love (like) you from the real one (love)

• The rate of falling in love is directly proportional to the size of girl's boobs.

• Give really good blowjobs.

• It was first day of my college... we were sitting in seminar hall and she was sitting apposite side of me in red shirt and blue jeans... and it was raining out side... that time I feel like this is the girl which is made for only me.. that was first site love..

• we "fall" in love on sight... we know on that second that we are in love... that is why we seduce you : you need more time than us

• Really? Is that most men? I have heard this before - I heard men just know upon meeting a woman. That means that you must have been in love multiple times!

• i was in love... . true love 2 times

• I love, I dont fall in love because everything that falls break.

• usually it occurs when we're about to cum inside y'all.

• Yeah you are right men get the butterflies and feelings first then women follow God willing lol
    this happens that to me I sense that I like the girl first, most of the time it'll be a friend, then she likes me later on or not.

• you chose too love
    you don't fall in love

• Depends on the girl

• like this> i'm in love

• I only had feelings for one girl till now but it was the following:
    I met her, and didn't really noticed her as a 'woman', just as a nice person. By time she she got my attention becaus she searched my nearness more and more often. I noticed that she might be interested but I wasn't at this time. After some time I started to touch her, and she did too. I developed interest in her which increased by time. One day she played footsie with me. That was the moment I'd say I felt for her. It was such a beautifull gesture. In the next weeks we cuddled and hugged a lot. I was in love for the first time. And than I got heartbroken for the first time, cause she found someone else :-(

So I'd say, for me it takes some time, because I'm afraid of getting hurt.

• I may develope feeling for a woman somewhat faster , but the trust is what takes a bit longer to grow and mature

• i dont. women have nothing loveable about them. i only pretend feelings with them to get the things i want... .

• I fall in love pretty darn quickly

What Girls Said 3

• Tbh, I know how I feel about some guys from the moment I meet them. And those same guys told me they felt the same way about me too.

• I've seen both, in some cases some guys fall instantly for a woman, and others eventually realize their feelings.

• It... really depends. In some cases it happens instantly. In other cases the feelings grow over time.