Guys - Why do you suddenly stop texting girls?

My current situation:

I went on a date with someone I met online the other day, and we really hit it off: no awkward silences and we had a great laugh. We were also planning what to do the following weekend. Anyway, by my dating experience, this was one of the best. As soon as I got home, he text me saying he had a such a nice time and we continued texting for another day until one of my messages just stopped being replied to. We've never texted religiously; we're both busy people and we maybe swap 4 texts maximum a day. He's read my message too, but not replied to it. After 2 days of silence, I sent a "Hey how's things?" but again, nothing.

Just a bit of context: he's supremely close to his family (visits them nearly everyday), likes his space and he started a new job this week. And yet, he still had the time to send one message before now.

It just seemed out of character for a guy, who ticked all the boxes of showing keen interest, to suddenly disappear? Am I missing something?

It's nearly the weekend and I'm already starting to make plans with friends. Obviously I want to see him, but should I accept plans with someone who uncharacteristically ignored me for 3 days so far? Or should I give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume he's extremely busy.

3

What Guys Said 3

• Because she's not giving any clear signals on weather she likes me or not. And I don't want to bug/annoy her.

• usually cause she doesn't show enough interest and if she does
    she is doing it in the wrong way

• I can ask the same thing of you women