Do women really like bad boys?

I'm a 24 y. o guy. I just graduated from mechanical engineering this year. I have never had a girl friend. But, I'm handsome sometimes my friends say so. I'm not skinny nor fat. People tend to generalize people like me so. I'm tallish 1.86m and I have swimmer type of body. And can defend myself agaist a bad boy type. I do hiit and swimming regularly. I just had no chance to break my comfort zone and have a girl friend. Also, our schedule was killing me last years.
I want to marry early, but my special makes me unconfident. I mean I feel like Steve Carrel in 40 y. o Virgin.
Do women really like bad boy type of guys instead of nice family guys?

• Yes, I love bad boys.
  • Nope we are not submissive. I like nice guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people confuse the two types of "bad boys" there's the bad boy who mess with girls, just fuck them and leave, uses people, usually only cares about himself, has a unhealthy life style and is unloyal and dishonest and then there's the "bad boy" that girls do want. In reality he isn't a bad boy at all but he's given that title because of a few exceptions like he's do anything for her including breaking the rules. He's confident and protects her. He's a little bit of a rebel. (Not rebel like you'll end up in jail cuz he's doing really dangerous stuff) bit little things. That's the "bad biy" I think girls want. In reality they are good guys, not actually bad just daring but the majority of bad boys real bad boys are fuckboy and the 1st definition I gave.
    Your young and I'm sure you can find someone because you sound great. You just have to put yourself out there don't be a bad bou, be you, and one day you'll make a girl very happy and be happy yourself. But you have to put yourself out there if not, none of us good girls will be able to find you

Most Helpful Guy

• Most girls like a bad boy whether they admit it or not.

The trouble is that people see these things as black and white when that's not how it is, for example your poll says "I'm not submissive, I like nice guys" - I'm a nice guy, yet I'm also the dominant one in my relationship. There's a different between being dominant/ taking charge and being a controlling asshole. There's a difference between being a bad boy and just being a misogynist who treats women like shit. It's all about balance.

Nice guys are usually seen as boring and unattractive mainly because they self-censor themselves, because they're too afraid of offending people and possibly being seen as an asshole or being disliked. With women, they don't flirt that much or show any sexuality because they try too hard not to come off as creepy. Often they try too hard to impress the girl rather than it being a two way thing where both get to know each other and reciprocate.

Women take it that these guys have no balls, obviously this isn't attractive. This doesn't mean you have to go the complete opposite direction and treat women like shit, just don't be a kiss ass, don't be afraid to speak your mind or disagree, let her know you like her, be real.

What Girls Said 26

• K, I hate these cut-dry questions. Liking a bad boy doesn't necessarily make you submissive.

What women like is a confident person who has their own opinions with a little bit of an assertive personality more than they like stereotypical "bad boys" in my experience. That doesn't suggest that they are submissive. I prefer forward, assertive men, not because I am submissive, but because I myself am assertive and forward and don't take to the "yes ma'am" types of men.

• The truth is, women don't specifically go for "bad boys"
    However, "bad boys" are often likely to have traits that we do like, such as:
    - Confidence
    - Non-judgmental, adventurous
    - Not whiny or scared
    - Masculine
    - Independent, can fend for themselves
    - The potential for protection if needed

• I like how they look! (: But not there personality! lol I guess cute guys who are also sweet and caring don't exist!

• No one likes a fake try-hard asshole so no, every "bad boy" who every pursued me got rejected I find them fake and obnoxious. I went for the shy band-geek in the end because he is kind, adorable, nurturing, artistic, and he's not super shy but shy enough that it's really endearing. So being shy is not a bad thing!

• I don't have the time for bad boys. Tell me what you want or get the fuck out.

• AKA immature- not- fully- devolved -in- the- brain- probably -no- ambition- no- prospect- deadbeat-childish-boys-"alpha"-mentality-daddy/mommy-issues

YOU MEAN THOSE BOYS...

I'd rather saw off mah own arm... eat it and choke to to my death... I ain't kidding

In a short form NO. Stay the way you are too many assholes in this world

• by saying daddy and mommy issues you meant that they who dont have a healthy relationship with their parents right?

• if you meant that, then not everyone who has daddy and mommy issues are immature or a bad boy, some people life are very complicated.

• Nice guys all the way, but not the desperate kind of self proclamed "nice guys" we see on this site lol

• You have no reason to call me desperate. I don't try to flirt in this web site.

• Tbh I didn't even read the description, I just voted. Sorry if I "offended" you

• Np I know most of the people don't read other people's ideas. That is why I wrote about myself this subject. We want interest and provacating people in gag.

• No. We like well rounded individuals. Too much of anything is a bad thing.

• Some women do but i don't like bad guys. I am even passive-aggressive to them. I like hamdsome intelligemt guys just like you.

• No I don't like serial killers.
    I like funny, caring, strong men. There's a huge difference.

• At the end of the day a woman wants a man who really cares about her and meeting her needs first a foremost and in that she will do the same, but it takes some work and dedication... it doesn't come easy. Guys have to be willing to invest the time and energy into a relationship with a woman to get the true commitment and emotional validation they are looking for. Women initially like a man with an air of masculinity and charm, but that only get u so far.

• I wouldn't say that we (me) like bad boy but more like an alpha , a protector, an equal, a best friend and someone to support us (emotionally and physically ). 3/4 of me is not submissive, and 1/4 is.

• Picture please

• This woman doesn't like the bad boys never did.

• nice guys finish last

• I like guys that are overall nice but still have a fun bad side. Basically guys that are good humans but not the male version of Mother Theresa.

• I know lots of girls who would fall for you

• I mean I like bad boys, but I think good guys pretty much always end up winning the girl over in the end. Don't give up! You'll find someone who loves you for you before you're 40. Don't worry! Most girls dig a sweet, caring and protective guy.

• Its a phase.

• And the survey says we don't.

• I like bad boys, but there's a line. F*ckboy attitude no, for example, my boyfriend is so sweet and a super nice guy but to me he's a little bit of a bad boy when he gets dominant and in charge but there's a line and you don't wanna cross it and become an a-hole

• Depends on their looks :P

• I like having sex with them, but in the end, good guys are much better for marriage.

• Why do you like having sex with them?

• That doesn't change my question.

• @Anno_Domini What's your question then?

• I don't know... but i hate too nice guys honestly... i prefer naughty boys

• Some might, other's don't. I do not like bad boys.

• When will people stop with this whole "nice guys vs bad boys" this isn't highschool grow the fuck up. Women or at least * I * want a guy that is mature, charming, sweet, a gentleman , handsome and confident not a fuckBOY that is full of himself and changes girlfriends like he changes his underwear.

What Guys Said 18

• Women will say that they want a good man, but between the ages of (roughly) 15 to 30 most females will throw themselves crotch first at players and sociopaths, who have little to offer past heartbreak, an abusive relationship and a life in welfare housing.
    They will say the players and bad boys are "exciting" and "fun" and that good men are "boring".
    Ignore everything that women say and watch who they pick. Demonstrated group preference is everything. Rhetoric is worthless.
    About age 30 most women pull their head out of their arse and begin to look for good men.
    A significant and increasing number of these good men take the decision to not reward the earlier behaviour of these females by responding positively to this change in demonstrated female group preference.
    It is from this well of male resentment that part of the MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) movement comes.
    When these women decide that they are ready for a good man, they discover that not many of the good men are interested any longer.
    They have walked away, filled with frustration that has morphed into bitterness and resentment.
    They also prefer masturbation to the 50 per cent probabilty that a divorce court will leave them destitute, then use a child-support order to turn them into a woman's impoverished slave for the rest of their lives.

• Every guy should be a gentleman with a "bad boy" side in my opinion.
    I mean what girl wants to date a pussy? They already have one, why would they want to take care of another lmao

• Yes, I think women do like bad boys. However I think women also like nice guys but only as friends.

• "No chance to break your comfort zone"?

Don't lie, yes you have had opportunity to break your comfort zone. Women are literally EVERYWHERE you go!

• I know it is my bad. But, I can't try to be who I wasn't. I would lose my self respect, if I speacially try to flirt. It is killing me.

• You don't have to lose your self-respect, you just have to be confident, direct, and comfortable when talking to the ladies.

• What if they reject me? It is like approaching a dangerous animal, because I don't know what she does.

• women like both...

the only advantage bad boys have is they'll actually approach women and talk to them. you could be the greatest guy in the world, but if you've never talked to a woman, then how is she to know how great you are?

all it takes is a "hello"... if you can manage that, you're halfway there. if you can't deal w/ the fear, then you aren't deserving... as nothing comes easy.

if you can't talk to her, don't expect much.

• Yeah, they do, but usually if they're younger.

Me, personally, I consider myself a combination of the bad boy and the nice guy.

I love dark and spooky stuff, heavy metal, gothic attire, horror films, mosh pits, fighting, and have zero tolerance for cute and happy stuff. But I also am socially awkward and don't know what to say that gets the ladies going.

• They do like them, Its a challenge for them but in the long run they like the good guy for marriage

• yes girls will try to say they don't like bad boys it's a lie
    they like bad boys

we as humans are attracted to sin

• A girl who likes bad boys isn't worth your time.

• They love a guy that has a good side and a bad side. Best of both worlds!!

• you can be a good guy man just dont be a door mat :)

• Just learn how to fuck really good,

• You sound so shallow, I think it is not a big deal.

• dude, a nice guy with good fucking skill they want.

• It is in our genes. I think I can do my best. It is not a big deal, our bodies are working in same way for thousands of years.

• bad girls like bad boys good girls like good boys, there someone for everybody

• yes, gthey do, you fool.

• Get it in your head mate. Bad boy to most girl is more like your typical hero figure. He goes for whatever he wants and thinks is right even if it is stupid to dress up in a latex suit and hunt evildoers every night. It is rather that ferocious untamed confidence that pulls people in than him treating them like dirt. The main problem is that the "devil-may-care" attitude usually comes with a disregard for them as well.

• Depends on what you consider "bad boys". Bad boys have many of the same traits that women love, such as risk taking when they break the law. In more acceptable social circles a good guy is unable to show off that type of trait as often. He might take a risk on starting a company or something, but it isn't as common for the woman to really see him taking the risk that she sees bad boys do. So it isn't really that women like bad boys, as much as they like the traits bad boys can more easily show off.

Another huge advantage bad boys have, is that good guys are so worried about offending a woman, and care about what she thinks, that he is less likely to make a move on a girl. This is connected to bad boys being risk takers, but also they simply just don't care about the women as much, so won't overthink the situation the way a good guy will.

• ye they love my 12 inch c0ck ;)

• for a man with a supposedely high iq you place too much value on the presense of women in your life. women are completely unecessary for a healthy and thriving life. and if you want a kid you can adopt one... .

• Why don't smart guys love women? I wonder how it feels. I want to settle down and start a family. I belive it is in our nature.

• Yeap they may not. But, I think I would.

• if you want it that much then its not for you. you should be a complete entity by yourself. not use things like family to cover other gaps and lacks you have as a human. you'll make many poeple sad in the process if you are depended from it... .