My girl said im gonna push her away?

i asked her if she would ever get bored of me, cause I've been cheated on a lot, and she told me to "Stop, your gonna push me away." Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• She's telling you to stop saying things like that because she doesn't want to get hurt. If you've been cheated on a lot, its understandable that you'd ask a question like that because from your perspective, you are afraid that she's gonna leave or hurt you. Saying something like that just hurts the both of you because its like you are expecting her to leave or hurt you because everyone else had but this girl could be different. It's better to have loved than to not have loved at all. I learned that saying things like that does nothing good for a relationship because it shows that you don't have trust and faith that the relationship will last. Sometimes its hard to forget how hurtful other girlfriends/boyfriends have been to us but I don't think past relationships should dictate how much love you have for the current person in your life. If you say things like that often, don't! I mean, its okay to ask a question like that to ensure that your relationship is still strong after going through a difficult time but I wouldn't just throw that sentence around.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's because women by nature don't appreciate questions that shows a guy's insecurity.

What Girls Said 2

• Do you ask her such insecure questions a lot? Because that shit gets really annoying really fast.

• because you are having doubts in yourself which in most cases who ever feels like the victim ends up pushing others away so they won't get hurt

What Guys Said 1

• Confidence. go work out, dress better, get a popular haircut
    i used to feel like you, afraid i was gonna be alone if my girlfriend ever left me, now im desirable by plenty of girls, my girlfriend knows it, and she won't let others near me. she used to feel like i was gonna be there forever, now she feels like she needs to put effort into keeping me, cos im a catch.