When you meet someone ( female ) and they ask what you do for living?

i am meeting someone to have an a serious relationship. and, the person or persons ask me, what i do for living? and when i tell them that i can not work, because i have disability that can not work. in the few mins, they stop talking. that way, i am single.

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Girl

• That can definitely be a deal breaker for some.
    These women are entitled to their choices.
    People establish relationships seeking what they want. Someone that doesn't work isn't what they are looking for.
    Continue to be honest.
    Eventually , you may find a woman who doesn't mind.
    Out of courtesy, what is the disability that keeps you from working? You don't have to answer if you want it to remain personal.

0|0
    0|0
    • i have a mental problem, that take meds, and see a therapist, psychologist. but, i have some clear mind, i understand of what is right and wrong.

• Show All
    • There's nothing you can do. Everyone has a preference on what they want in a relationship. Have you tried online dating for people with disabilities? If you do a search i am sure you'll see a lot of sites come up.

• www.google.com/search

This might be helpful. There's so many different sites to join.

Most Helpful Guy

• Theeeeeen they after your money. Cause a relationship is built on trust, spiritual quest, and them being your other half. If you can't make money then she will. Then there's the question that " how can he provide for our future children?" It doesn't matter, through thick and thin something good spring forth from a good relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • Future children? He's 49

• @Stacyzee that question is in defense to "why would a woman ask about what he's doing for a living?" The answer could be cause she wants know so she can see if he can provide. Maybe he can adopt a kid or what have you.

What Girls Said 2

• That's a very valid reason for anyone to decide is a dealbreaker in terms of whether they'll pursue their interest in you or not.

It doesn't mean that these women are only after money or anything. They're simply looking to share their life with someone who could bring in a pay-cheque along with them. It would be a tough life to support a household, car, gas, food, etc., on just one person's income.

0|0
    0|0
  • Firstly tell them what your job role was prior to your disability, then state unfortunately you can no longer work due to your disability. If they judge you by that then they aren't the right person for you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Let them stop talking to you, don't let these things affect you. There will be someone who will look past all this and would value you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ouch thats a tough one man can you ever work again?

0|0
    0|0