What should I do if I get turned down?

'Oh ok don't worry' and walk away
'Haha it's cool' and walk away

Also what if I feel bad or embarrassed afterwards?

Most Helpful Girl

• "Okay thanks anyways" or "best of luck to you" or either of the ones you said. Basically, anything that doesn't A) beg her to reconsider, or B) lash out at her in anger.

If you feel bad or embarrassed, go have yourself a drink (if you're old enough) and pat yourself on the back for putting yourself out there. The more you practice asking a girl out, the easier it'll come to you in the future.

• Ok, and yeah I usually just feel down for a couple of days

Most Helpful Guy

• Say whatever you want just don't take it personally and get upset. You're most likely going to feel embarrassed the first few times but just stop thinking about it - it'll go away. Sooner or later, you won't care about getting turned down and it won't be embarrassing to you.

• In the past I usually just feel down for a while

What Girls Said 1

• Sigh and then you should say "haha don't worry, I'm actually relieved you said no, I'd actually rather be friends, it's just people kept telling me you " liked me" so I just wanted to check. You know, I wouldn't want to lead you on or anything. Haha"... etc

What Guys Said 2

• "Well, it was worth a try..." and walk away. That is if you were just hitting on som girl you didn't have deep feelings for. If you did have deep feelings for her you don't have to act any certain way: it's hard enough as it is and you owe her nothing so you don't have to put up a front for her, you have to focus on your own coping and healing.

• Don't think about it, just be casual "haha all right" and give a wink ;)