What is the right way to live life?

I am at a age everything is confusing to me, i am 23 and untill now i let religion dictate my mind and decision. I let things slip away and didn't take control of my life they way i should have. I am now 23 and dont have much life experience,, for example never fell in love, dated a cute guy, never had a boyfriend, never really worked a lot (i have no degree yet) am i doing the right things focusing on school instead of boys? right now my days consist on school and nothing else... i just dont want to miss out on anything important if you know what i mean? i missed out on so much in my life and its a shame because not to be conceited... i am a beautiful girl and could use my looks to get what i want (achieve pro goals). I just feel like i am missing out on life and sometimes i feel like... its not worth to go on... i even feel like does God exist? i mean does He?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you're struggling to figure out what role your religion plays in your life, which is tricky because it's so personal and so different for everybody.
    I'll offer my opinion on the subject and you can take it however you like.

I'm not a particularly religious person, though I do believe in a higher power (God). However, I think that God most importantly has a sense of humor and is forgiving. I think we're all in this experience we call 'life' to learn and grow, to screw up, to improve, to experience good and bad, and maybe most importantly to have fun and help improve the experience of the people around us.
    Taking this outlook into account, if I were in your shoes, I would be a little more rebellious. Don't be afraid of breaking the rules that your parents and your church may have. Listen to the inner voice within your mind, go with what YOU feel is right, even if it contradicts what you grew up with.
    In a sense, follow your own religion, make your own edits and modifications to the framework that you were taught.

Now this doesn't mean you should say "Well, I'm going to say it's OK to kill people or it's fine to lie, cheat, and steal, and I'm going to whore myself out to as many guys as possible and do drugs in excess, and it's all OK because I say it is", but I kind of doubt that's where you would take it anyway.
    What I mean is, maybe you were taught to save physical intimacy and sex for marriage, but you feel like it's OK to get physically close with and have sex with a boyfriend who you're in a loving, caring relationship with, before getting married.
    Maybe you were taught that dressing modestly is the only way to dress, that showing any leg or shape is a one way ticket to the firey pits of hell... but you think it's OK to dress a little more "wild" and show off some cleavage when you're going out dancing with your girl friends.
    And maybe instead of viewing alcohol and drugs as the devil's poison, you think that it's OK to have a drink or two from time to time and let loose on a Friday night.

Those are just examples of course, you'll have your own specifics that apply to you and your beliefs and desires, but hopefully you get the point.

We're only in this experience for a short time, why not enjoy it and have fun? And when you make mistakes, learn from them and move on!

I personally wouldn't want to be associated with a God who's strict, demanding, unforgiving, and angry at me for having a good time and not hurting anyone. Ya know?

Most Helpful Girl

• The god you are taught to believe are created by the controllers of humanity hiding behind religions and other diff type of cultural groups, making humans feeling less than adequate. So that is not the true concept of god. The god you believe is physical which is a human god that demands obedience and use fear to make you feel small, desperate and lacking 24/7.

You feel lack in your life and why don't you start reading, doing research on your own and dig out what you can find where it will eventually lead you to see the bigger picture than the one presented to you?

What Guys Said 9

• I'm a Christian, and it is good for me now but at times was hard (the valley)., but I also am not strict to it. it is all about really discovering your true self and being true to yourself and listening to that inner voice of God. When you are young, you are forming your view of yourself (usually not good and pushed on you and that has to be repaired), your beliefs, your values. Lots of people try to impose these on you including society that is showing so much crazyness and "freeness".
    The Bible is your strength, but you make it sound like it is your chains. That's not a good sign. I don't like that mental model. God put that stuff in place to protect your heart. But if your heart yearns for fun, then go do it, with boundaries, but know you may get hurt. God will be with you to pick up the pieces.

Life is confusing around that age... you don't know what direction you are going... and this generation... if you are reading this side, you are like... I'm missing out on all of this... you have plenty of time for all of that... plenty!

I think you are right to focus on school... I think you should have a strong self in this world and be good on your own, then consider adding someone to that. maybe you can do both at the same time... I couldn't. I dedicated time to school and career, then did other things. I think that was a good choice. But other people partied, bombed out or survived and that is their choice. Many of the ones who fooled around in HS paid the price big time and sufferred. Many that got married young paid the price! take your time, get yourself to a great position financially, emotionally (self image maxed out), then go find someone comparable if that is what you are thinking. Again, it is what has to be true to you, not to me or anyone else.

If you can't figure that out on your own, get a relationship counselor... course you probably don't have time or $ for that, but that is one way.

Not worth it to go on... that is a strong statement. ... there is a lot more missing you aren't saying...

• There is no right or wrong way to live your live your life. Personally, letting religion dictate your life is like saying you lack the ability to think for yourself. Take it from me and judging by the way you are expressing yourself you need to get out of your comfort zone. Fun won't come to you, you gotta make fun for yourself. I got fun friends to help out and I gotta contribute by being fun too. Yes we get weird looks and we got no shame but who cares we are having fun. Not saying to stand out like me but you seem to be giving up at such a young age, it's a requirement for you to step out of that comfort zone and make some friends!

• I feel like you and I both know God exists it's just you're at a point in your life where you want to finally do something you want and you can totally do that. Do you go to church? Take a break. You don't need someone interpretating the bible for you when you've got a mind of your own that can do just that, and a bible too. Religion shouldn't be stressing you out and if it is then there's something wrong here. Pray to God for help, stay faithful, and go do whatever it is you've been dying to do.

• Its hard but you need to make up your own mind about whether god exists or not.
    Do some research, experience life but you you will find what you believe in in due time

• how can you study if you're daydreaming about a boy you have a crush on?

if you were competing w/ that state of mind, you'd lose every time.

• Love God with all your heart and love your Neighbour as you self.

This is very deep stuff.

And you will suffer to live by it in such a fucked up world.

You'll be the one getting hurt as you stay loyal and tolerate more...

If you do follow it, have a very strong backbone and know where to draw the line.

• i believe he does. in one form or another. or else nothing really makes 'sense'.

but hey. regret and remorse is a part of life and life itself is just an experience. if you feel the need to change, simply change

• There's no right way to live life. But the wrong way will land you in jail or worse.

• yeah he does exist and your doing the right thing sweetie

What Girls Said 3

• Live life as you see fit. If you wanted to do that, you'd find a balance.

• You live it the way you feel you should. Its your life afterall :)

• There is no right way. Whatever works for you may not work for someone else. Not everyone has similar goals.