In a new relationship, is this a red flag?

I was talking to my boyfriend about returning to college in September. I would have to relocate but only 1 hour away. I told him I wouldn’t break up with him, as long as he wanted to continue. He said yes, but he also followed up with this word per word:

“You breaking up with me would never be something I could handle. It would probably make me go insane.”

It’s only been three weeks and he has also already stated he sees himself being with me FOREVER….

Most Helpful Girl

• It's sweet, he's telling you how he really feels, now if you don't feel the same way yet don't lie and tell him you do, but don't end it over that either, just wait until you feel like that

What Guys Said 7

• He sounds like a hope less romantic, give it time see if he calms down and relaxes a bit, he may just be feeling anxious and putting on a strong front so you know he's really into you.

• That sounds a little obsessive,. definite red flag.

• Red flag

• Huge red flag.

• Depends, how long did you date before hand? Ignore all these "clingy/obssessive" comments. If you dated for some time prior to getting in a relationship, then it doesn't sound worrysome. If you up and got in a relationship in those 3 weeks with no prior dating, then yeah it would be a red flag

• Run for the hills before it's too late! Sounds like your boyfriend is very needy/clingy. This is a red flag!

• wow super stalker serial killer case detected. robably has a shrine of you in his basement.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah I think it's a red flag. It sounds manipulative, clingy, and obsessive. I agree with one commenter that you can't really know someone after that time period either, and like at 3 weeks I'd be thinking like "ok things are going well I can see this summer being really great with him". Like I wouldn't buy tickets to see something with him like months in advance yet even and definitely wouldn't say "love" within 3 weeks let alone the word FOREVER. And it's a red flag when someone says their mental health and stability hinges on someone else.

• Yeah, that seems like a strange and clingy thing to say.

• nah it sounds sweet unless he doing werid shit!

• If this scares you, I would imagine its not going to end well. I don't trust a guy that thinks he knows you after 3 weeks- more likely he just thinks you are the best he will ever get.

• My ex was someone like that, I still do not trust him. I would be very skeptical with this man but give him some time though

• Yes, it is a red flag. I'd be quite worried...

• Is it his first relationship?

• No, I don't think it's red flag.