Is asking for a girl's # desperate nowadays?

Like I feel as if me and other guys can't even show interest in girls anymore without being creepy or desperate losers..

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Asking someone who's already said no and shown they're not interested can be seen as desperate, but asking once for a number? That's called being brave and taking initiative. Anyone who says otherwise - they'd probably be scared shitless to even approach another person they like, let alone ask for their number.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not creepy or desperate unless you are pestering or ask everyday as if she's gonna change her mind tomorrow. I had a classmate ask my friend to ask me out every. Single. Day. It was so annoying and he'd stare at me every time. I told him he had to stop because it was weird.

If you ask once, no big deal. If you ask twice, relax. More than 2x, and now you're a weirdo.

• depends on how well you know her

• Well I mean we have the same class and I talked to her before, but getting her number is done in order to get to know her

• That's likely fine or maybe add her on facebook first and see how that goes. It is really only creepy when you ask a stranger for their number solely because you find them attractive.

• No, it's not desperate, it's just natural

What Guys Said 7

• baker-eng.com/.../...091614_008-e1408994437836.jpg

Do you know what these guys are doing? They're building a foundation. If I was a builder or contractor, I would be very anxious with moving forward with a construction project unless I felt confident in how solid my foundation was. The "interior" or "facade" work is real easy. It's the core and shell job that's the most important.

If your feelings are stopping you from approaching a girl, then there's probably a good reason for it - and you should listen to those feelings. If you're feeling afraid, or anxious, or uncomfortable or lost... STOP.

Take a step back. What's going on? Are these feelings and thoughts "rational" or "irrational?" What is your brain trying to tell you? WTF are you doing? Are you really ready for the consequences of your actions? What's going to happen if you get this b*tch pregnant? Are you ready to have kids right now? Are you emotionally ready to jump into the lion's den? Are you able to handle her dose of soft manipulation until she basically gets her way with you, and before you know it, you're paying off a $500k+ mortgage, two tuition bills, and are driving a mini-van? Are you SURE you want to go do this? Where the fuck are you going to go? Your parents' house? Oh, that's fucking sexy. Are you going to be having sex next to your roommates? Wow, big strong important man you are in society... that's going to work wonders for your self-esteem every time you're fucking.

So, if your brain is trying to get you to stop... STOP!

Take a step back and think about it. Is this what's going on? Are these thoughts rational? Am I trying to build a story with a foundation that's not solid?

If so, then you need to work on your foundation. My father's "advice" was to just "jump in" and "test the waters," and "see what happens." I'm not a big fan of that advice. I believe in preparation and "intrinsic" and objective value that's impervious to subjective opinion. When a guy is a stud, he's a fucking stud. Even other guys tip their hats off to him for being strapped, or being a boss socially, or being a kingpin in business.

When you've built a solid foundation for yourself, all that anxiety and thoughts or preoccupation of "desperation" are doing to go away.

• not desperate at all. it's how you make in roads towards developing a relationship

• I used to worry about that very thing. As some have already said, I think it depends a lot on how well you know her, what kind of rapport you have, and how you ask for it.

• It's only creepy or desperate if she's not into you. If she is then you're hot and sexy and flattering her.

• Unfortunately a lot of women aren't as receptive to such advances. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try though.

• If desperate means you have any desire to date someone, absolutely any what so ever, then yes. I mean, what the hell...

• Yeap. I think men should not ask women to date. It's fucking raising their meaningless egos.