Would you like a gift on a first date?

A gift as in a flower, chocolate bar, painting, drawing, novelty item or craft.

I'm not asking for any one specific person.
Just planning.
Thanks

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • Probably not
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I think anything besides flowers is a bit too serious nowadays. Even flowers would only work on a girl who you know would appreciate the gesture instead of someone who runs away from commitment. It's a cute idea though, I like it. Unfortunately just don't think most would be receptive

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't do it, not on the first date. Some disney gag programmed girls will probably say yes (i assume) to this, but seriously don't do it. It's so strong, like there's more risk than potential benefits. And, you don't want to have to "qualify" yourself to anyone.

What Girls Said 30

• It's a nice addition but it isn't necessary.
    All I'm thinking is that , what if the date was a disaster? Then must I feel inclined to keep that gift?
    I think a second date gift seems a little more appropriate , that way at least you've had a little success with the girl and may know what she likes.

• For a first date, I think it's a bit too much. Especially if I haven't met the guy before or we don't know each other well prior.

• Maybe flowers. Flowers are very traditional so it's hard to go wrong with them. But definitely nothing else. It's only a first date, after all.

• I think it would be a bit much -like you are trying too hard of have to make up for something. If you sketch her on a napkin and give to her then sure. But otherwise I would say no. (Then rather offer to pay the full bill) (yes I typically like to go the European style)

• Probably not. The guy wouldn't know enough about me for it to mean anything more than a sweet gesture. Plus i feel kind of guilty when people do things for me.

• Flowers would be nice, but not expected. Anything other than that would be a little too much for a first date.

• Its just a sweet gesture to bring flowers or something. Lets her know how interested you are! Maybe take her painting instead of bringing her a painting tho.

• It's a cute gesture and would definitely show if you care a lot, but isn't necessary or expected.

• It's a bit much for a first date... I'd be okay with like a single rose but anything beyond that is too much.

• I've never had that... it would be awful sweet tho. Then again I wouldn't ve offended if I never received a gift at all.

• While it would be nice, it's not expected

• Not really. If it's a formal date, sure, a flower or bouquet is nice. But first dates should not be formal.

• No, I personally wouldn't want a gift on the first date. It's a little too much.

• a flower would be adorable, and really sweet

• If it's food, yeah but don't give me flowers, it ain't my funeral

• No not reallly.

• I think its a bit too much for the first time

• flowers are always good

• Maybe but I would probably not think to give one on the first date

• My gift is just the guy showing up lol that's good enough!

• I just want to get to know him and hopefully have a fun time

• No I don't have to be given a gift but if the guy was to give me something flowers would be the best choice.

• I don't expect one and have never gotten one on the first date, but I could dig it. I guess from my experience guys tend to think a gift is appropriate after you've been on a few dates as a sign that it is going well

• No a gift would be a little much for the first date.

• I actually do get gifts on first dates usually but it's nothing expensive really altho I think its completely upto them, I won't mind not getting gifted at all.

• Vote D = I hate receiving gifts from anyone, even family.

• Not really

• I would just think he was trying to get laid early

• No. I think it's too much for a first date though it is sweet

• All I need is a genuine smile, a positive attitude and a willingness to make me feel comfortable.

What Guys Said 11

• No , to me it's presumptuous. It's all cool to be nice and all. But thing like that could easily put off the vibe that there are alterior motives behind said gift

• That's a little bit to presumptuous and a bit to much for me at that stage.

• that's going wayyy overboard, man.

• I dont want that what can she buy me anyway that I dont already have? I have myself anyway given out gifts on the first date

• I usually bring a single flower, more grandiose gifts are for later.

• yes i would love it.

• I like free things 😎

• Yeah sure, why not !

• lol this just shows how many gold diggers there are

• Not really.

• Egg rolls yes