He stood me up. What should I do?

I met a guy because of friends in common. He is not even good looking but I decided to give him a try when he asked me out today. He texted me "I am on my way" "where are you?" and suddenly he stopped replying to my text messages.
I waited for him for 40 minutes and nothing! and i know he was online but he did not reply to my messages.
I am so angry right now but what should I do? insult him, ignore him or ask what happen?

Is the first time that someone do this to me and i am so angry.

Today he texted me and told me that his phone was without battery and that he feels sorry and blah blah. He also asked for another chance but I do not know. I feel humiliated.

Most Helpful Guy

• You know he was still online? I'd be upset and tell him to just forget it if he contacts you

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a terrible thing to do to you. I could never intentionally do that to anyone. I'd be furious if this happened to me. To be honest, I wouldn't get in touch with him. Some people only deserve your silence.

Sometimes people do let others down due to unforseen circumstances , and legit reasons , but it seems like he is just an asshole

Genuine people would go out of their way to apologise and make it up you. You shouldn't have to initiate contact to find out why he didn't turn. So the best approach would be to ignore him and move on from him.

What Guys Said 3

• Could be anything really. People fall asleep; he might have missed your messages; the person could be unable to respond because of emergency like Nomad69 said or nonemergency; internet is very fragile; have to keep reloading pages, etc.

• Phone died? panic attack? emergency? just a jerk/ flake?

• have you ever met him in person

What Girls Said 1

• move on.