I'm in love with my boyfriend, but I have a crush on a girl?

I've always identified as bisexual, but up to this point, have only acted on guy attraction. The main reason being I go to a VERY homophobic school and church. Not to mention my "gays will ruin America" family. I kept all female crushes under wraps in fear. My boyfriend, who I've been dating happily for over a year, knows my sexual identity and is 100% ok with it. But recently, I became closer with one of my friends, whom I've always found attractive. I came out to her, and remarkably, she came out as bisexual as well. Ever since, I noticed I've feelings for her, slight at first, but they've grown. It hasn't helped that she's started asking me to do stuff with her weekly, and her relationship with her boyfriend fell through. I don't know if she shares my feelings, but it doesn't matter. I love my boyfriend dearly, and I never want to hurt him. But my crush is getting harder to ignore, and I don't want to injure my friendship. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I would say your best bet is to start distancing yourself from your friend a bit, at least until you get your feelings under control. I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years and I've had a couple crushes in that time, but because I'm committed to my boyfriend, I never let my crushes go anywhere. Love means not giving in to temptation.

Now, if you were unhappy in your current relationship, that may be a different story. But my opinion is that to end your relationship with this boy, and to risk rejection and alienation with your parents and community, you better make sure this girl is worth it.

Good luck to you. I know this isn't easy.

What Guys Said 1

• As long as you are in a relationship with him, you need to forget your feelings for that girl. It's just as much cheating if you do something with a girl...

What Girls Said 1

• You should start to avoid her because once u fall for her, your life will be really complicated and u seem really trying to stop romantically attracting to girls. Don't ruin your life, I'm telling you because I was in that situation before