Why don't Latinos and white people date often?

What Im trying to say is that I see so many Latinos and white people living in the US but I rarely see a white person dating a latino. Are they just not attracted to each other?

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't speak for the US specifically but it is well known fact that people prefer the company of their own kind. Basic heard mentality. You look like me, therefore you are like me, therefore you think like me, therefore I'm better off with you rather than that weird looking guy over there.

What Guys Said 14

• I still don't understand very well this latino thing in the US. Here in Brazil if we call someone latino as a race it's for someone who kinda looks like a native American, an indian from the continent, principally from the Spanish speaking countries. We rarely do it though, it's generally said as a place of birth.

I see so many people that are considered white here being called latinos there, I get confused. If your skin color isn't white here, then you're considered something else (indian, black, Asian and so on). It's way simpler this way.

• There is a racial divide between Latinos and Whites most likely because of Donald Trump with the whole illegal immigration issue in the USA and stuff.

I'm white but I'm not American, I'm British and there is literally not a latino population here in the UK at all, so I don't experience with them everyday. However, I have been to several states in the USA and the reason why I would not date a Latino woman is because the ones I have came across appeared very aggressive, rude, trashy and they often lean on to the "thug life" crap. I have yet to meet a nice one. I also have noticed most of them put on weight as they get older which is also highly unappealing to me. But that doesn't matter, because a lot of Latino people actually really hate White people and vice-versa.

Therefore, it's better for both groups to stick wth their own race and live their own lives without starting a race war.

• Just for the record guys, I'm really attracted to Latinas lol

• I date Latin women all the time I am a white man

• I wouldn't mind dating a latina. But i am pale, with blonde hair and blue eyes, so typically they consider my features "too light" and apparently not "masculine" enough.

• I have dated a Latino girl in my past, and it ended largely because of religious differences. She basically told me the only way i could stay with her is to become catholic. Not going to happen, not changing the core of who i am to suite a girl i am dating.

• Most times it's because of cultural reasons. That said, it's more common than you think. Just depends where you live.

• Some Latinos ARE white, and most people date within their race. Most also date within their own ethnic group, so most date other Latinos.

• Why? Familiarity.. complex?

• Ohhh 😂😂 yeah yeah you're right 😨

• LOL!!! Your response XD

• where do you live? i see this in cali quite often

• Really? 😨 then I guess it's rare where im at 😂 I live in maryland.

• Yeah 😂😂 I think there's latinos everywhere tbh but other parts have more latinos

• just checking :D

• birds of a feather flock together. thats just life.

• I agree I haven't seen it much, but my friend is actually married to a latino girl

• Latins are an Italic European tribe actually)

• It's because of racial conflictions and culture, maybe. I'm white and I go to a high school that has a majority latino pupil ratio. Most Latinos from my experience have been pretty grim.

Every day I get harassed because I am one of the only few white pupils in the school. I am literally the only white boy in all of my six classes. They call me "gringo" and "pasty cracker" hurtfully and hit me on the back of my head when we are in class. Some whisper in Spanish behind me about me as I always hear my name in the conversation. Even the girls would call me disparaging terms, assault me, give me dirty looks etc. These girls tend to lean on to the "chola" style.

These are the reasons why I would probably not date a Latina or associate with Latinos as a whole. Now I feel bad for saying all that, because I'm sure not all Latinos are like this, but I have never had the chance to get along with at least one of them because they often choose to segregate themselves from White people in general.

I think things would be much easier for me if I just date my own race, while Latinos can do the same and we'll all be fine.

• I remember looking up interracial relationship statistics and it seems that they do. I guess it may be a little hard to decipher considering there are plenty of white Hispanics.

What Girls Said 6

• OK peeps, srsly? Language barrier much?

Let's not overlook the obvious, please... lol

• I am Puerto Rican and I have dated white guys. So not sure what your talking about. We are all just people does it matter the race?

• @aledeeurope xD
    you re gonna enjoy this.
    latinos versus white huh

• Why me? xD

• Oh yeah ahahha I explained it the other day, I don't want to repeat myself again xD Hell, most people voted no on that poll, so I'm done with their ignorance... for now xD

• Lol I am Mexican and I have dated white guys

• cause society is fucked up

• I see this every day, actually I have a lot of latino friends that are dating white people, I am white myself and I've been with quite a few latinos