Been on a break for nearly 2 weeks, should I just end it?

About three weeks ago my boyfriend started behaving like a jerk to me, always arguing and being inconsiderate.
One day, I went to my best friends house (he's a guy and he likes me) to hang out and clear my head, since it got a bit too late for me to walk home alone so I slept over.
Because my friend suffers from back problems and I suffer from shoulder problems (I was with an abusive guy before this one) and he kind of ruined it but oh well.
Anyway, there was no spear bed and the only thing to sleep on (other than his bed) was a really hard and uncomfortable sofa, so, I topped and tailed with my friend.
I told my boyfriend the next day and a few days later he called for a break, it's been 2 weeks now and the whole time he's been horrible to me, just being nasty, my friends are saying to end it but I don't know, what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I will say this much. Those are some very odd series' of events that ultimately led you to sleep over at a guys house who wasn't your boyfriend. And the guy is interested in you as well. For me I'll say this is lots of bad choices if trust is what you were looking for in your relationship. There are some situations I just wouldn't put myself in out of common courtesy and respect for my partner. I'd imagine your boyfriend feels the same way. If he's insecure multiply that times 100. That could be why you're getting a bad reaction off him. I certainly would not trust you at that point but you may get lucky and get a second chance off him if that's what you want. And regardless of what really happened your boyfriend won't know because he wasn't physically there to witness it so it becomes speculatory. That is what he's having trouble with. Hope the best for you

Most Helpful Girl

• You should read my last question about breaks in relationship, and everyone else's answers. To sum it up, it's basically over and implies an immature mindset and inability to deal with issues in a relationship. I would end it, especially if he's treating you like shit, it's not worth it

What Guys Said 5

• why do you think anyone would be okay with you having a best friend who likes you? Imagine if your boyfriend even had a friend who liked him and they shared the same bed.

p. s. guys who pretend to be your best friend but are secretly in love with you are very shady characters.

• No he's been my best friend for ages, he only recently started liking me, and my boyfriends best (girl) friend flirts with him constantly

• So right, I just had a situation where a guy that said I was his bff and liked me assault me. She needs to see it from his side, what she did was irresponsible.

• i thought a break meant..

time apart... not speaking... no contact.

send him the text, give him the opportunity to say his last words. then block.

• DO NOT text him "we're thru" then block w/o allowing him to respond. doing so enrages a lot of people and gets ugly. give him a chance to say his piece a well. good luck.

• Just end it. The relationship is going nowhere and it sounds like he's been a douche to you even beforehand.

On a side and unrelated note. Spear = a weapon. Spare is the word you're looking for.

• attempting to look smart by pointing out something that's clearly a typo is pathetic.

c'mon dude.

• I didn't ask for your opinion.

• @orphan Neither did I for yours.

• young love lol... Neither of you are serious if you keep friends around that like you. Thats never a good sign. Any guy (or girl for that matter) would call for a break if you slept in the same bed as your bestfriend lmao.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• If you want?

• I was trying to figure where the logic was in spending the night in another guys bed but then I saw you're only 15. The relationship shouldn't continue just learn from your mistakes.

• Break it off. Then you can top'n tail with as many friends as you wish :)

• Don't be with nasty guys

• Sleeping over at a male friend's house, in his bed, is completely unacceptable if you have a boyfriend. I see it as cheating, and I know that my boyfriend would agree with me. I think your friends are right, that you should end it.

• I called him and asked if it was okay with him if I slept over, he said yes, plus it was 10 o'clock at night and I lived an hour away.
      He once had his slutty friend come over to his house at 1 in the morning and sleep over and I said nothing

• Well let's be real. I don't see this leading to marriage, so what's the point. End it.