Girls, Would you date him if you were me?

So i met this guy and we really like each other i'm 16 i'll become 17 soon and he'll be 20 in 2 months.. Once we met to drink a coffe and on this day he said that he's got a daughter.. they got their child when he was 18 and she was 17. a few months later she died in a car crash so now his daughter lives with his parents becaus he's afraid that he couldn't handle it alone and that he'd be a bad dad. But he visits her as often as it's possible. He said he wanted to take everything slow with me because he wanted something permanent and he doesn't wan't me to meet his daughter before he knows that it's real. I absolutely don't know if i can handle to have a boyfriend who already has got a daughter and I am afraid that she won't like me. I don't know if I am too young or what others will say. I love him so much and he really makes me happy. But I don't know if this is right what should i do? 😞

• Yes I would date him
    33% (5)
  • No i wouldn't date him
    67% (10)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

4

Most Helpful Girl

• It's totally up to you. I don't think that being a deal breaker is wrong for you, there are a lot of people who will not date people with children, for a variety of reasons. One major one being that they are worried about the responsibility that would come with it. If you don't think you could handle it then I would say no.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope, I don't want to date any single dads.

• This is a tough situation. It really depends on how much you are willing to sacrifice. If you really really like this guy and could see yourself marrying him, then go for it. On the flip side though, you're still young and if you get yourself in too deeply, he might think you could be that person to help him raise his daughter.

• I will say no just because you are young and have a lot of time to venture out in this would I had my first child at 18 and know how it is like this is he best advice I have for you. Good luck.