Would you date the following guy?

Cons

1. Drinks 5-8 drinks daily (bar then at home)
2. Lives with his mom
3. Smokes pot
4. 1/2 his monthly income goes to his recreational habits
pros.
1. Holds a decent job
2. Has a kind heart
3. A great guy overall
4. Treats you very well.
5. Educated, smart

He is 40 lol
Was married, then lived on and off with ex. girlfriend.
I didn't want him to move in with me till I get to know him better.
So far this is what I learned about him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like me! But I don't drink daily. I only drink like that on weekends about every other week. The only thing that strikes me as a little odd is I'm 22 and you're 36~45 so I'm assuming this guys not 22. At 22 I often feel like I'm doing extremely poorly for myself and it's easy to blow my expendable income quickly because I make very little. But if I'm still like this years from now I'd probably hate myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Move on. Drinking, pot, spending 1/2 his income for recreation. Not going to change.
    Some women marry a man (or are just with a man) and expect them to change, or think they they can change them. The person you marry is the person you marry, not one you want or expect them to be. If even half of your list is something you can't live with - walk away. You're setting yourself up for heartache - not to mention he may tap into your funds - even if it's just you paying the entire rent while he lives rent free.
    Did he ask to move in with you? I'm sure he wants to get out of his mom's house.

What Guys Said 7

• I would not let my daughter date that loser.
    According to Alcoholics Anonymous, anyone who has more than two drinks, more than twice per week, has a problem.
    Marihuana use is another sign of a weak and addictive personality. It is only a question of time until he slides into marihuana psychosis, from which there is no return.

• Lmao those cons are like, really bad tho.

• If he holds such a decent job and is so educated and smart why does he live with his mom and manages to smoke half his income away?

• Momma issues lol... I m guessing. His mom is an enmabler?

• Yes, it's common for people to lie about such things and even if true it's a pathetic "improvement" for a 42-year old. Don't get back with him, you can do better (I'm not even saying that to make you feel good, it probably is true statistically!)

• Pathetic improvement? lol... love how you put that. I am not getting back with him. I told him and he has moved on since. its call love addiction that he has among other addiction. nice guy, but didn't work out.
      whats interesting is how these guys always get girls lol..
      i am okay... will i get someone better i don't know.
      things aren't so peachy here lol
      how about you?

• No, I don't date guys.

• If girls go for guys meeting that description, then I'm completely giving up

• He actually have never had a gap between women for 20 years since he met his ex wife in his 20s.
      Then went straight to ex girlfriend.
      After a few months. Met me
      Now straight to the next woman..
      Amazing right?
      All very nice wimen lol

• No, seems like his priorities are feeling good. If you want to be his priority stay away. Unless you like fixer uppers than go for it.

• No but I am straight but if I was a female no way Jose.

What Girls Said 8

• The drinking thing wouldn't cut it for me. He's just constantly drunk. Living with his mom is fine depending on how old he is, if he holds a decent job I expect him to be able to move out and cut down on his recreational spending. It's indicative of his financial mentality.

• depends on the drinking, the status of the marijuana, and exactly how much money is leftover. basically if he's abusive in any way, id know to leave asap and i would NOT go back. if he's drinking and smoking himself into the poorhouse, "bye!". and, of course, if the grass is illegal, im leaving. i dont have to condone his law-breaking 🙅🏽 the mum thing is a problem, but if he loves you enough, he'll sack up and move out. might even get him to stop drinking or smoking (to save up some money)

• As long as the drinking and drugs doesn't hurt the relationship.

• no, he sounds like a well meaning alcoholic

• 5-8 drinks daily? I wouldn't date a guy who drink more than a glass of wine for day!

• No, not boyfriend material.

• Nope.

• Nope. Drugs and smoking are an instant deal breaker for me.