Girls, How can I convince this shy girl at work that I do actually like her?

I tease her a lot so now maybe she thinks I'm not being serious

She is confident to everyone except me. She can't even look me in the eye sometimes but when she does she blushes. I whispered to her "You like me. You have a crush on me. Don't you?" and then when she looked down and didn't say anything, I said "You're not even denying it". She didn't say anything and kept looking down. Another time she decided to take her break right next to me for no reason while I was still working. Out loud I said to another girl "Look. She wants to be close to me" and laughed. My crush wouldn't look up at me or say anything.

She also kept trying to find out if I have a girlfriend but never directly asked me. Before finding out eventually that I don't have a girlfriend, she also said "All the girls want you. But no one can have you right?" and looked sad.

So anyway If I say "You like me. I like you. I'm being really serious" will that work?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• NO!! I used to be really shy and this behavior is only making it worse! You are putting her on the spot and embarrassing her by doing these things. Yes, she obviously likes you, but with shy and bashful people you can't just call them out on it! And the way you are acting is also making her think you are a huge player, because you are obviously confident, but acting very overly confident in her attraction to you so that makes you seem like a huge player. Why don't you try a more humble approach and pull her away from others and quietly and genuinely say that you really are interested in her and would like to take her out. THAT is how you approach shy girls.

What Girls Said 22

• Hrgn. You kind of sound... like a pompous douche. I'm saying this from the perspective of a shy-crush girl myself. Maybe you aren't a douche and just worded this badly. Maybe this whole story was made up. All I know is if I were her and you loudly exclaimed to another woman in the room, "Look. She wants to be close to me" after I probably spent all day trying to pluck up the courage to even sit in the same room as you I would be absolutely humiliated and would definitely lose all interest I had. Obviously she likes you and knows you like her but is too shy to do anything about it. Just ask her out for coffee or ask her to sit with you at lunch and chat. If I were her I would like something small and easy like that, nothing too huge and extravagant.

• That poor girl! She probably thinks that you are making fun of her! She practically asked you out! Why didn't you tell her that she could have you!. You need to tell her how YOU feel!

• What makes you think she practically asked me out?

• She said 'but no one can have you right?' She was asking for you! I will give you a few minutes while you hit your head on something solid for being so dense! Lol

• The only way you can guarantee that someone knows you're interested in them is by telling them.

• Maybe the confidence you are exuding is making her shy? If she really likes you she will want more sincerity. Calling her out in front of others might not be the best thing to do. Talk to her in private and tell her without joking that you would like to take her out and that you like her. You can still joke around but make sure she knows you mean what you say.

• you can't! lol She shy! Stuborn!

• Sure. Just ask her out, or innocently take her for coffee after work - immediate, casual date. Nice!

• P. S., but you telling her she has a crush on you and insisting she tells you while offering NOTHING of yourself in there - that's a jackass move.

• I think you should try a sweet subtle approach. She obviously thinks you are just teasing her. I think she is afraid of she took you seriously and told you how she felt that you would say you were kidding and she would be embarrassed. Make sure any moves you make are in private. Maybe leave her a few secret admirer gifts. Flowers, candy, mix tape... The classics. Write her a letter and ask her to hang out alone, then tell her how you feel on an intimate date.

• I have to say you're kind of being jerky towards her. If she is shy like you say then you are embarrassing her quite a bit. If you like her and you think she likes you just ask her out.

• nope you shot yourself in the foot with that one. tell her you are sorry for teasing her and ask her out for a coffee to make it up to her

• Is she upset with me? I didn't mean to

• she maybe upset.. this is the tact you should take tell her you are sorry for teasing her and ask out for a coffee to make it up to her

• She is just nervous because she really likes you. just continue to try to make her comfortable but you might want to slow down with the teasing because I'm a shy girl too and playful teasing can make me feel embarrassed, aww she sounds really cute by the way. I feel her pain because I'm super shy too I couldn't look up at the guy I like either because I was soo nervous. She will come around. Good luck !

• Probably not, you give of a vibe of being playful and joking so far

• You sound like a total ass. If she's genuinely shy about her feelings toward you why embarrass her like that?

• I don't want her to be sad :(

• You sound annoying

• Just go for it and tell her how you really feel
    And see how it actually goes
    Don't knock it till ya try it
    Just look her straight in the eyes and tell her how you really feel

• Wow.. um... Maybe you scared her off or something Lol

• Totally. She really likes you. Be straight forward and I"m sure she'll be yours :)

• Why would you joke around with her and try to embarrass her in front of everyone? That's mean. You already know she's shy, so why make it more difficult on her? That poor girl! Try being nicer to her next time and don't joke like that.

• I feel bad about it :(

• Make it up to her. Ask her out to lunch! Im sure she will love that! & you will also be able to ask her out if all goes well.

• Don't date Co workers

• Yea i feel like she thinks you're not being serious but maybe try to tone it down a bit and ask her on a date? Or you can start by greeting her nicely for example: Hey _____ how are you today? etc i don't know just my two cents! :)

• just come out and say it to her and if you get rejected or "friend zoned" just laugh or something. I highly dought she'll do that though. 🙄😂🙂

• That's borderline creepy

• Who? Her or me?

• You. Like why would you whisper that

• Wow, you're a real jerk.
    Just be real and honest. She should realize that your serious if you make no jokes about it.

• Thanks for being honest. Why am I a jerk? I am curious to know

• So I embarrassed her?

• Uh, yea, a bit.

At the same time, she does seem like a courageous person, so I'm sure she'll live.