Do guys prefer brains over beauty?

The most high profile men in America are married to average looking but very intelligent women like Michelle Obama, Amal Clooney, and Hilary Clinton. I understand physical attraction is important in a successful marriage/relationship. But how important is it? Those men could have easily been with way hotter women but they picked brains over beauty.

• brains
  • looks

Most Helpful Guy

• I want a combination of both. The total package!!!

What Guys Said 17

• I highly doubt Barack Obama considers Michelle to be "average looking"

• I definitely prefer brains over beauty. but i'll take a side of body and freakiness. i don't care how "beautiful" a girl looks... if there's nothing under the hood, i ain't buying. and I've seen a lot of those.

• Well I am not one who needs a women that is super smart or super sexy.. just want her to have a nice personalty.. as fart as looks go.. personalty goes a long ways and can make all the difference in the world to me,, and it helps if we have at least one thing in common.. and liking one another.. just as much.. also adds a certain appeal to me.. take care

• Well Cloony has probably slept with 100s of models, actresses, and waitresses so he's already had years dedicated choosing beauty over brains. It's about time he picks brains for once.

• When I was younger, it was more physical.

Now a little older, I prefer brains. I'm fairly intelligent and have realized that gender does not dictate intelligence (meaning I realized women aren't inherently smarter than men) and finding a stimulating partner is difficult. One girl I was with, was different enough from me, but smart as a whip. 5 languages, master's student, philosopher, entrepreneur... List goes on. She was undoubtedly my equal in every way.

She had brains. She was nice to look at. But she had Brains.

• You're the first person I have seen who describe Michelle Obama as "average looking." Of course all of these women have been married for decades and don't look the same as they did when they first walked down the aisle. I think that matters, don't you?

• Beauty grabs my attention, brains keep my attention.

• Nope, all of them are over avarage. It is in our nature, how women dig for tall guys, we dig for beautiful women. I was a sapiosexuel, but I got that women don't have a large general knowledge. They don't learn for interest. They are willing to the only for robotic colloge learning. Most of them don't know basic science nor general history.

• George, Barack and Bill are not GUYS but men and so when they where guys their girls Michelle, Amal and Hillary where super fine in their youth. But us guys we prefer a bit of brains, just a bit. Smart women are really good for books but for sex and romance you want someone you can involve drama with for no flipping reason because you love them. Plus the sex then is better

• Brains every time. If you click mentally with a good woman, who cares what she looks like, as long as she is halfway easy to look at.

• I prefer the brains to look beautiful.

• We like both mostly beauty

• Brains all the way

• brains over looks any day.

and heart over brains any day.

• I prefer beauty. The way I see it generally speaking everyone has a basic level education and most of life's tasks do not require more than a basic level education so the only differing trait would be appearance. I am not going to love a woman with a Master's in Physics any more than I would a woman with a Medical Coding Technician certificate.

• What am I? A zombie?

• Definitely brains. If she is really smart it will take you ages to fuck her brains out.

What Girls Said 7

• The women you named have well educated and intelligent husbands. Intelligent people naturally seek mental stimulation so it's natural to seek a partner that can satisfy those desires.

The average man probably is more superficial because seeing the outside is much easier than getting to know the other person's mind. As people mature they start to understand how image fades but a beautiful mind can last a lifetime.

• Amal is gorgeous :o I think Clooney picked both brains and beauty... though i'm sure it was her beauty that stole his attention.

media.vogue.com/.../amal-clooney.jpg

• Michelle Obama is pretty in my opinion. I don't understand why people kept comparing her to or calling her an ape/monkey.

Same with women, you want both. And an overabundance in one area won't make up for what you lack in the other.

• the men you used in your example aren't that great looking themselves.

• also, I haven't seen pic of michelle Obama when she was young, but Hilary clinton was really pretty in her youth

• Personally I think Obama did well with his wife. She's both smart and beautiful

• Looks at first, brains in the long run

• Guys prefer beauty over brains