Saying I love you?

i'm 16 and in my first relationship. we've been dating for a month.

i've had a crush on this boy since last September and we became friends in January. we talked everyday for hours upon hour and found out that we had a lot in common. he started liking my back in early February and acted upon it in march, and now we're dating.

i've never been they "boy-crazed" type. i've never had a real crush until i met this kid; there was just something special about him. everything about him makes me happy. everything he does and says is adorable and drives me insane. anything from the sound of his voice to the way he makes me laugh makes me smile.

i've seen nothing but the good in this boy for the past 8 months and i fall for him further everyday.

my question is, is it possible to be in love this early in a relationship? what are signs of being in love?

i know people my age are eager to jump into new circumstances like this and are so sure of themselves without putting immense thought into anything, but i've been considering this nonstop for the past few days. i've adored everything about this boy for a while, and it's exhilarating knowing that i can finally express it.

he says that he's one to say 'i love you' early in a relationship because he falls for people pretty hard.. so i don't think that he'd be too weirded out and he'd probably understand - perhaps the feelings would even be reciprocated.

what do i do?

What Guys Said 1

• I'd give it more time before calling it "love".
    It was after about a year and a half into my most recent relationship (which ended about two years back) that I realized that I really cared for my ex. Love would be a bit of a stretch but I genuinely did and still do care for her well being. Though we broke up we're still on good terms, it's like we never started dating but were just friends.

What Girls Said 2

• You likely don't love him yet. Give it a few more months. There are no signs you just know without a doubt in your mind when you feel it

• Congrats on your first relationship!! You will learn a lot, even if it doesn't work out in the end, nothing is ever a waste. To answer your question, yes, it's possible to fall in love that early in a relationship. My boyfriend knew I was the one within a month of us becoming official. We were friends for 2 months prior to that though.