Why do you think it has always been the guys job, role, to approach the girl? do girls ever approach guys or initiate with guys?

Do girls ever approach guys or make the first move, approach guys they are interested in, attracted to, does it ever happen? and why do you think a guy is not a real Man, he is NOT masculine, if he does not approach and make the first move? just never understood why guys have always been expected to be the initiators

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy makes a move first then I respect him for being open with his feelings. If a guy doesn't make a move first then that's fine too because I understand that people have their insecurities so I defintely wouldn't think any less of them and I would respect their decision not to initiate.
    Some girls do make the first move and I'm finding that more and more girls are making the first move nowadays as opposed to the past. I initiate with the guys in interested in so I'm usually the initiator in text and I'm usually the first one to suggest that we hang out. The first guy I pursued rejected me but then a few months after I met the current guy I'm interested in and things are working out pretty well with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's part of life just not being fair and being unjust, and yes some do but sadly not that many

What Girls Said 3

• I personally don't... Because i just grew up with that kind of stereotype. But my girl friends do it all the time like its nothing... So I wouldn't say there aren't girls who initiate or go after what they want

But overall great question. But I don't think anyone will have the right answer. It's like asking why the sky is a blue and not purple. It's just the way things unfolded... What can you do?

• I dont then any of this. in my experience guys are more non accepting of women approaching than women are of guys not approaching.

you think its hard being a guy approaching women, try being a woman approaching guys.

• Please. Women are much more judgmental of us guys approaching them than we are. I'd be golden if women approached me more regularly.

• 'thin' not 'then'. well i guess we both have different experiences with different sexes. id like guys to calm the fuck down and get over themselves. you'd like women to approach. i accept that:)

• i know loads of guys who love it when girls approach them

• because we weren't allowed to when it all started so it became a tradition.

What Guys Said 7

• I asked a woman this and I'll tell you what she said, then I'll tell you what my buddy said.

Woman: A girl just wants to feel wanted, to be chased. Wooed.

Buddy: A woman does sometimes approach a man, but they aren't the type of girls you'd want.

And here is what I say: Its a mans duty to do the initiating. Its his job, and the sooner you realize it and accept it, the sooner you'll get a girl. Besides 80% of men think just like you, that means that if you do the approaching you have a leg up on 80% of the competition.

• It's not a job. It's a privilege!

• What this older and wiser man said

• Why do you think a guy should not hate women for expecting guys to approach and be the initiators?

• @moviedude714 We are all products of our culture and our upbringing and many attitudes are instilled in us before we possess the capacity for critical thinking. Are you prepared to be judged for all of the beliefs and attitudes that you have?

• Girls have always been the submissive ones, while men were the dominant ones.
    Also, back when we lived in cages, men had to prove they were the best man for her. Just like animals, the male is the one that does the "approach" in most species, and the one that proves they're better than the other male.

Nowadays that women are equal to men, they're starting to approach more, though still, the vast majority or women expect to be approached.

• Girls do approach guys, but only if the guy us incredibly hot and/or rich. These guys have multiple girls swooning over them at any point of time.

• if girls approached at the same frequency as guys, then a lot of double standards would cease to exist.

• Culture enforced this idea of men being the ones to do all the work. It's sad, since women would be meeting a lot more awesome guys if they learned to say the first 'hello'.

• Yeah they have with me, I usually let the girl come to me first

• To add I let this happen so I could know if she has an interest in me... I don't approach as long as I know her well