Has anyone heard about the romance scam?

I been texting this guy for 8 days, we been texting almost all day everyday. Can a Real USA Army guy talk to me?

I guess it's a scam too if the army wants money so you can talk to the guy on the phone.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• Lol this runs rampant on FB. They are Americans stationed in BFE and most of the time their check have been delayed and they need money to survive until their pay is straightened out. Or they are going home on leave and just don't have enough to money to get home. It is indeed a scam

• What about needing money to talk on the phone & video chat with the guy I been texting for over 9 days now. Is that a scam too & I'm being stupid for talking to him?

• If he has a smart phone or a lap top and can get a wifi connection or a hot spot there is no reason the two of you can video chat

• The army have what for the soldiers? I'm talking about money so I can go on the phone & hear his voice.

• wow 8 days.

• Wtf are you saying

• No only fake Army guys can text or dead ones.

What Girls Said 5

• Are you saying you think you're being scammed?
    Of course military personals can talk to civilians. It's not against policy.

• It's possible but that scam or one similar has been going on for years. What ever you do son't send any money.

• I think it's a catfish

• Be aware if he starts asking for money

• OMG are those guys that say they're from the army or something? My mother is getting a lot of those messages, we don't know where they come from

• Yes, they ask for money, but this guy I'm talking to, he never asked for money, we known each other for 8 days.

• I see, I didn't know, I mean my mum doesn't even reply

• Good for her.