I'm having trouble talking to girls ever since I had a bad experience with one. What should I do?

I'm 15, I've pretty much always been shy around girls. Last year (8th grade) I tried talking to a girl I liked and ended up with her number one afternoon. We texted every night for a few weeks, then she started ignoring me and I tried saying hi, she barely talked to me at school anymore. I was polite and never said anything weird Now I'm in 9th grade and have long gotten over her, but when I think of her I get mad. Now I've liked 2 girls this year but haven't taken the opportunity cuz I'm always worried no girl can like me ever since that happened. I just needed to put one of my problems somewhere where I can hear others. I'm so lonely and everyday one of my main problems is that I badly want a girl who would talk to me. I don't understand why she started ignoring me, I'm well mannered and I take care of my hygiene. I really need to hear what others think about this. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone's different, talk to the girls you like now coz sometimes you just need to get a few more tries
    if it's any help the guys I liked before my boyfriend turned out to all be douches..

Most Helpful Guy

• Alright bro, I'm five years older than you and I really hope you don't see this as me being an asshole- but you're going to have more bad experiences with women. I was just like you at that age, and I still sometimes think this. However, this is just how girls are these days. Hell, I can't even date someone over a year younger than me because of how they tend to think. It's going to take some practice, but when a girl ignores your efforts, you need to say "fuck it" and move on. In general, high school dating is the pits. I'm sure you're a great dude- it sounds like it from what I see here. But with that comes a lot of struggle before you actually find someone worth your time (I haven't). Just think to yourself that it ain't you, it's them and you'll do fine. :)

• MHO right here ^ All I can add is to view yourself as a prize that only the best woman will get. Don't under value yourself and when you can get your friends to help even if it is to only talk. Most women are nasty to guys who approach them and the good ones are left wondering why no good guy will approach them. Don't loose hope keep looking for a woman that is worth enough of you. The best thing you can do is to deal with your feelings when a women dumps you and just move right on to the next one.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Girls can like you. One girl creating a bad experience doesn't mean anything because she is not every girl.

• She probably lost her Intrests in you or met someone else, I don't think you should pay muchmind to it. Go for those other girls! Everyone's different they probably won't do the same