How do you know when to kiss or not on the first date?

I don't mind kissing on the first date if I'm attracted to that person. But recently, I went on a date and wasn't attracted to him whatsoever. He kissed me by surprise and I had to force myself to at least last a second before pulling away and making a silly excuse "no kissing on the first date" he gave me a hug and wanted to kiss me again, which I then moved my mouth away from him so he kissed my neck. Then i pulled away from the hug and he kissed me again but this time I quickly pulled away. I thought that was so weird that he didn't get that I didn't want to kiss him. So I'm asking this question, just out of curiosity, how do you know when you should kiss someone on the first date? Maybe I was giving mixed signals.

Most Helpful Guy

• you get the feeling from your gut.
    if you ask me, i think a good kiss is a way to seal the date... its a way to show interest. those that don't... it just means "i don't want to"...

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like guy should take the hint tbh

What Guys Said 2

• I know when and if the signs are there by her.. if so.. I am ready

• You just know, if they are staring in your eyes a lot and you are in a kinda secluded place, or they ask you to walk you home

What Girls Said 1

• I don't kiss on the first date