Girls, would you date a guy that had plans of moving in the next two years?

He is moving for the traveling experience, to learn about different cultures, learn new languages, and to grow his brand.

• Yes, and I would break up with him when he left.
    7% (2)
  • No, I wouldn't want to emotionally invest in someone that is leaving.
    54% (15)
  • Yes, I would consider leaving with him to wherever he is going.
    39% (11)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted B No, I wouldn't want to emotionally invest in someone that is leaving.

Mainly because from my experience, I would be totally willing to do C-leaving with them to wherever they are going. But they would rather go by themselves and find someone new there that is just easier for them I guess.

I've actually experienced this. So for me I would only date a guy if he was planning on making me a part of his future. If not, then I see no point in wasting my time. I've had my heart broken enough times and molded my life to fit with what they wanted to do in theirs, only to have them leave.

The important thing to do is be clear with your intentions and expectations. If I ever find another guy willing to date me, I'll be sure to ask him about his future plans. I usually do with the guys I talk to. I'm not pushing for anything, I just need to know for my own sake. I only think it's fair. If a guy or girl is planning on moving, then they should be up front about those plans. Don't tell the person a week or two be fore you leave ( that happened to me!)

What Girls Said 9

• Probably not, if he was already planning on moving at the time when we met. I wouldn't want to get emotionally invested in someone who was just going to disappear. If we were already serious at the time when he became interested in traveling/moving, I would definitely consider going with him. But I wouldn't start a relationship knowing that I would definitely have to move in order to make it last. That's way too much stress.

• I pick3r 2

• Was an army brat so I have the experience and I love travelling.

• Id go wherever with him and support myself however i could along the way🙃 An adventure

• I like your adventurous side.

• Some people are just afraid to leave their box of what's possible. See you at the top, missy :)

• Hopefully thx🙃

• depends where he's going and how long

• if we loved each other I would go with him to hell and back as he would for me so my answer is yes I would date a guy who planed to move in two years and when the time came for him to leave we would talk about what we wanted as a couple

• yes of couse,. relationships dont last more than a few months. but i can't vote bc I don't know if id break up or if id travel or if wed have already broken up by then. we only just began so how can i answer?

but if things were going well and i had something to go to other than the relationship id travel with him. f not i break up. but id certainly give it a try. 2 years is long.

• if he has a lot of money yes

• It depends. I would also like to travel and explore the world, but if his intentions is to do it solo, then I wouldn't waste my time investing in him. If he wants me to go with him, then yes I'd date him, even if we broke up before the two years. At least I know the possibility of being with him is there.