Guys are seen as persistent.. girls are seen as stalkers?

Why is it that when a guy turns up at a girls house randomly (this has happened to me).. the guy is seen as persistent and romantic, but if a girl does this, its considered creepy and stalkerish?

Most Helpful Guy

• doesn't seem fair does it, but true...

Guys are supposed to pursue in nature, girls generally not. what species of female pursues the guy?

* I think the real problem is guys are too weak and either don't show clear signals or aren't setting boundaries. I've had pushy girls... you have to communicate with them so they know what is going on. If the girl is showing up and she shouldn't or is too pushy, he needs to lay down the law. stop being a wuss so the girl knows.

* the opposite is true for the girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I say fight the power :)

yeah its a bullsht double standard that will itself persist unless people oppose it by doing what they want without bothering about petty pissers waxing rational 'trust, s' about the fairer sex.

in my opinion its rat if i make a gesture and the guy freaks out. i know immediately he's a coward and im out. no need to waste time on the morally weak.. they can't be trusted :)

i say be you do what you do and the right guy is going to love and respect you for it. people say a lot of thins.. life is about filleting out the useless noise.

• hmm, i never answered ''why'. well, there used o be a creed for poor folks. its a sin to try to rise above your station in life. this worked very nicely for people in power everything stayed as it was. few rebellions as long as people followed that morality. f course ultimately there's rebellion and revolution hisser icily because it is human to want to better yourself reach freedom and bey ond. love up to your pintail or have the chance to find out what that is. roles ides proscriptions for gender worked much the same way. women stay as women. calm dutiful dole malleable yielding passive pleasing fearful (these are actually historically universally recognized teams for 'femininity') women know your place by nature and by law which ostensibly reprsents nature... this works out very well for men and women who want to maintain power over women. usually poor women. the law is no longer on the side of fence subordination. where the law lees off nature arguments come back full force.

• women are not legally bound to be controlled by men so people manipulate shreds of half made arguments to support women supposed ' natural obligation' to be dominated.

a woman eating romantically is stealing the guys position of control. turning things upside down changing the very nature of the world , soon the earth will spin off its axis.

eh in reality she's just making a gesture bc it feels right. thats what [people do. they do things that feel right. women get attacked for it but that only holds weight if its acknowledged. ignore irrationality and it sinks without any support. at this rate in a decade women jumping up onto balconies to surprise their guy will be the norm.. not just in a kyra knightly movie.

. whatever just live/love life:)

What Guys Said 10

• Well it is I guess it is how one views it.. to me if I knew of the women and she just showed up at the house on the spur of the moment.. I would be flattered.. and not view her as stalker or being creepy.. besides most guys are viewed as the stalker and creepy and some deserve that tittle

• No, it's creepier when a guy does it. Guys are much more likely to do bodily injury when they are romantically rejected. Girls can become obsessed with a guy but they are much less likely to become violent.

• I think it depends on the stocking, how far it's gone and what the person actually does. Guys have been called stalkers lots of times.

• Social double standard.

• Guys are considered more creepy than anything else.

• Do you think this pertains to EVERY judgement on the matter?

• Did you tell him to back off? There's a difference between saying "leave me alone" and just really really wanting a guy to leave you alone. Guys operate on the former, girls on the latter.

• Lol guys have no problem getting the title of stalker.

• I don't know what you're thinking but it is really creepy if a guy randomly turns up at someone's house. it depends on how well you know the person. If a random guy who you barely know turns up its creepy, and vice versa. If you're on better terms chances are you'll be better received. Also it depends on what kind of person they are, and what kind of person you are. Based on public opinion more attractive people will be well received by other attractive people, and less attractive people with less attractive people. However if the two groups overlap, then there could be consequences.

• I went out with a Marine for a few weeks who disappeared for 6 months, then randomly knocked on my door one evening.. but if I did that to a guy they'd probably call the police haha

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• Because girls are more likely to change their minds if a guy is being persistent... While guys hardly ever change their minds.

• I guess it comes from the mentality "the girl should be chased", but I may be wrong.