Arguments I have heard for a women paying her half.
If a Women pays her half it shows that she is actually intrested and appricates his time and money.
its sexiest for a man to pay everything
If you pay your half then nothing is expected
she only saying this chivalry thing as an excuses for a free meal.
Most Helpful Guy
I'm married now, so it doesn't really matter.
Hypothetically, however, if I was back out on the market again...
1. I wouldn't even consider having any more interest for a girl who didn't contribute to our relationship equally (and paying for dinner is not about the money, it's a "symbolic" gesture that displays a lot of things, one of which includes how much one is willing to contribute to the relationship);
2. On that same vein, when a girl does "not" actually pay equally for meals (i. e., not just "offer" to pay, but then pulls an, "Oh, thank you, you're such a gentleman *bats eyelashes, flashes cleavage*"), it's a sign of disrespect and simultaneously shows me that she's not that interested in me. She's disrespecting me by treating me like a money machine, and she's showing me that she's not that interested in contributing towards a relationship with me;
3. A girl who "expects" me to pay for meals "most" of the time (or "all" of the time) is telegraphing to me that she's not a quality long-term partner. A quality partner doesn't just sit back passively and wait for the other party to continue to invest, invest, invest... into the relationship more and more actively as they just take, take, and take.
4. What kind of tone does this set for other financial aspects of life? We both eat, so why is the guy picking up the tab most of the time? What's going to happen with other things we both consume? Is the guy going to pick up most of the tab on things like rent, household groceries, utilities, entertainment expenses, health insurance, etc? At some point, as a man, you're going to wonder, "Am I her partner, or am I her Daddy?"
5. John F. Kennedy fucked Marilyn, but married Jackie. Why? Marilyn was some transient amusement for his cock in a temporary state of bad judgement. Jackie was a political and economic union. I guess this sort of depends on the guy. Personally, beauty fades. On the other hand, real estate, investments and earning potential appreciate. When I'm dating a girl, I'm not just looking for a fuck buddy. I'm looking for someone I can grow with in all aspects of life. If she's reducing herself to a sugar baby after the first few dates, then I'm not interested in sticking around.1
Most Helpful Girl
I think that a man should always pay on dates. A woman spends money for her outfit, styling her hair, doing her nails ecc. Prices are a lot higher for woman's clothes, shoes and everything. She also spends her time trying to be beautiful.
When I go on dates, I always offer to pay my half or the entire bill, and never go on places I can't afford for the moment. I do this to show integrity, but I don't think that the guy should accept this, but this is his problem, not mine. I don't think a lot about this.
In my experience, and I used to insist a lot on paying myself on dates, I don't think that this is a thing that the guy appreciates so much. This is not one of the things that will determine if he liked the girl or not. So, I think that a girl should focus more on other things on dates, like making herself look good and being nice. The guy will not think I will countinue to date this girl because she payed her half. This is a minimal aspect for a guy. (If not he will be bothered that she insisted because he likes tp pay for his date)0
- Show AllShow Less