Should the guy pay for dinner?

Arguments I have heard for a women paying her half.

If a Women pays her half it shows that she is actually intrested and appricates his time and money.
its sexiest for a man to pay everything
If you pay your half then nothing is expected
she only saying this chivalry thing as an excuses for a free meal.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm married now, so it doesn't really matter.

Hypothetically, however, if I was back out on the market again...

1. I wouldn't even consider having any more interest for a girl who didn't contribute to our relationship equally (and paying for dinner is not about the money, it's a "symbolic" gesture that displays a lot of things, one of which includes how much one is willing to contribute to the relationship);

2. On that same vein, when a girl does "not" actually pay equally for meals (i. e., not just "offer" to pay, but then pulls an, "Oh, thank you, you're such a gentleman *bats eyelashes, flashes cleavage*"), it's a sign of disrespect and simultaneously shows me that she's not that interested in me. She's disrespecting me by treating me like a money machine, and she's showing me that she's not that interested in contributing towards a relationship with me;

3. A girl who "expects" me to pay for meals "most" of the time (or "all" of the time) is telegraphing to me that she's not a quality long-term partner. A quality partner doesn't just sit back passively and wait for the other party to continue to invest, invest, invest... into the relationship more and more actively as they just take, take, and take.

4. What kind of tone does this set for other financial aspects of life? We both eat, so why is the guy picking up the tab most of the time? What's going to happen with other things we both consume? Is the guy going to pick up most of the tab on things like rent, household groceries, utilities, entertainment expenses, health insurance, etc? At some point, as a man, you're going to wonder, "Am I her partner, or am I her Daddy?"

5. John F. Kennedy fucked Marilyn, but married Jackie. Why? Marilyn was some transient amusement for his cock in a temporary state of bad judgement. Jackie was a political and economic union. I guess this sort of depends on the guy. Personally, beauty fades. On the other hand, real estate, investments and earning potential appreciate. When I'm dating a girl, I'm not just looking for a fuck buddy. I'm looking for someone I can grow with in all aspects of life. If she's reducing herself to a sugar baby after the first few dates, then I'm not interested in sticking around.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that a man should always pay on dates. A woman spends money for her outfit, styling her hair, doing her nails ecc. Prices are a lot higher for woman's clothes, shoes and everything. She also spends her time trying to be beautiful.

When I go on dates, I always offer to pay my half or the entire bill, and never go on places I can't afford for the moment. I do this to show integrity, but I don't think that the guy should accept this, but this is his problem, not mine. I don't think a lot about this.

In my experience, and I used to insist a lot on paying myself on dates, I don't think that this is a thing that the guy appreciates so much. This is not one of the things that will determine if he liked the girl or not. So, I think that a girl should focus more on other things on dates, like making herself look good and being nice. The guy will not think I will countinue to date this girl because she payed her half. This is a minimal aspect for a guy. (If not he will be bothered that she insisted because he likes tp pay for his date)

• what does it matter that your style cost more?

• so basically you're a prostitute but for food? damn

• You missunderstand me. I don't think that the guy cares if I pay or not. It's one of the minor details for a guy. I always offer to pay on dates and sometimes the guy has accepted and I'm ok with this. Just that sometimes, with some guys I even think that am bothering him while insisting to pay myself. I feel like it is just something he doesn't expect or value that for me, at least not more than other qualities like apperance ecc

What Guys Said 10

• the usual way I see it go,

guy asks girl out, she offers to pay because he genuinely wants too because he asked her out and he likes her. Girl says no it's okay she can pay for her own meal but she really appreciates it. Guy says it's fine he is happy to pay. Girl says thank you and offers to pay next time.

• Basically. Unless you're stubborn like me and don't give up on trying to pay for yourself until the dude is handing you money because he refuses to not pay for it 😪

I don't like people paying for meeeee. This is probably why I don't date.

• Bertie pls. Don't sell yourself short. You're up there f'sho, for whatever my opinion is worth.

• @teawrecks your opinion is gold to me. thank you for that :)

• The first two dates the man should pay, after that a 50 50 split is just fine once in a while. The man can treat the girl

• On the first date, whoever asks should pay. After that, it should be split. There's no reason for the guy to pay all the time, unless she's an escort/prostitute.

• I think whoever called the dinner should pay.

• I don't mind paying on the first date, I generally expect to pay. But if she offers to split I'll accept.

After that I like to take turns paying for each other. Splitting a check is kinda a hassle

• at this age you pay for yourself. if i was younger id pay but im no longer looking for a wife.

• The guy shouldn't be paying for your half unless he wants to.

• It's always fair to pay for what you got so go with that.

• Yesss

• For a first date guy should always pay for everything.

What Girls Said 4

• I think whoever asks the other out should pay. As far as if you're in an actual relationship goes and not just dating, taking turns or splitting the bill works just fine.

• If he has to ask! Oh please hahah! NEXT!

• could you address how some of these issues are wrong so next time I can tell him why

• well here it goes. I am a girl and I want you to be in charge and pay damn it. Gosh! I feel like I am a burden to you that you can't pay for my chicken sandwich! lol or Simply say you shouldn't judge me based on sterotypes or other bad experience you have. If you think I am a good person than you would know that I am not like that. Also just because your buying me lunch or dinner doesn't mean I have to have sex with you or fall in love because that would be fake. I am not a fake person and I tell you how it is!

• Totally. He should pay for you college tuition and all your bills too while at it.

• Oh for goodness sakes just pay for your own fucking meal end of story