I don't want to meet my boyfriends friends... Help?

So I just started dating this guy he is an old friend of mine for 7 years and everything is going good. However, he wants me to meet his friends. And since he's temporarily living with me he wants to invite them over to my house and I just hate that so much because of my social anxiety. I know all his guy friends already and they adore me but I don't want to meet his friends that are girls. He only has like two guy friends and the rest are female. It's hard for me because usually females don't like me and I only have guy friends myself. Do I have to meet them? Is it rude if I don't want to? Why am I so anxious to have them over at my
house?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him. I'm sure he'll understand, nothing wrong with social anxiety. If he knows about it, he won't be offended and probably (hopefully too) won't force you to meet them, if you don't want to.

He'll probably do the nice thing and say it's ok not to meet them, but it would be nice if you return the favour and at least try, even if under your terms, to meet them. Maybe together in a group with someone else you know or just meet them one by one, I don't know, whatever you feel most comfortable with, he'll probably understand.

Most Helpful Girl

• talk to him. Social anxiety can be encredibly hard to deal with, so talking to him about it is always better than ignoring your feelings and obliging. Tell him instead of having them over all at once, you'd like to meet them one on one, or perhaps two people at the same time. especially the girls, if you struglle with forming relationships wth girls especially.

What Guys Said 1

• Whatever your fears, concerns, discuss with him, he should be able to understand.

What Girls Said 1

• Than tell him! I am not meeting your friend!