Do you believe in love at first sight?

You can give detail as to why you believe or don't believe in it. I'm just curious as to how many people think otherwise of the topic. I myself don't believe that it exists, but maybe it does and I'm not seeing it. I just think that there's a difference between falling for someone because of their looks than to fall for someone based off of their personality

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally , no. It's a guys appearance that attracts me, but it's his personality that i fall in love with.

I need to know a guy really well , as a person , before i fall in love with him. I don't give my heart so easily , but when i do i fall really hard for him

• I would agree with you. I think that attraction only makes me notice them but their personality is what makes me fall for them

• Thanks for the MHO

• No problem

What Girls Said 10

• No, not really. I've heard that some people swear they fell in love at first sight and I know that there have been some studies that show it might be true, but it just doesn't sound plausible to me. I think of love as connection or intimacy, as knowing silly little things about each other like how they like their tea or whatever, and you can't do that from first sight.

• Yes I actually do believe in it. The first time I fell in love at first sight, I was in forth grade and he was in fifth grade. And over the years I have fallen in love this way several times. And the why's of it is always a mystery. But I am convinced it is MORE then just appearance.

In fact many times, the object of your attraction isn't even all that good looking. Others around you would not agree with you AT ALL about how the GOD you have laid eyes on actually rates. My forth grade crush all the other girls thought was outright ugly ( I still don't get why) but to me he was just the best looking guy in the world. Still is.

In fact Love at First sight IS something beyond looks but it's impossible for me to really put my finger on what or how it happens or even how subconsciously you pick up on the deeper attraction. But you definitely do have these love blinders and there is definitely something deeper.

Now not to say that it's real love. I mean the guy could be an ahole, because that is where he is in life. But as an adult I have been able to follow that attraction when I experienced it with other persons (my childhood crush ran from me, unfortunately, and I never got to really know him) and it's an interesting experience.

All I can say is explore where it leads. But be careful because some of them WILL just use you and take advantage of your strong attraction. But it helps to get to know them just for your own information about how you are feeling.

• Interesting to hear that. I've never experienced something like that, so it makes it interesting to hear how people are different and what they feel from one another

• =) it's an interesting experience when it happens let me tell ya...

• lol well, I wish I could say the same. Maybe it might happen for me but I highly doubt it

• I've never experienced it myself, but it happened to my boyfriend.

He saw me in the cafeteria at our university a year ago and instantly fell in love with me. He asked people about me all last summer to try and find out more about me, and he finally found someone to get information from.
    He looked at my facebook (to see what I was like before trying to talk to me) and finally got the courage to come up to me at the bus stop last October :)
    We are dating and happy, and he said that was the first time he "instantly" fell for someone like that.
    He said since the day he saw me, he went to the cafeteria EVERY DAY and waited to see if I would come again, but I never did. I still feel sorry about it even though I had no idea!! lol

• I think it's possible to just "know" without necessarily "knowing" someone.
      My Mom's best friend in high school saw a boy at gym class one day, turned to my Mom and then said "I'm gunna marry that man one day."
      They've now been married for over 30 years, and have two kids :)
      I think it's more rare for people to MUTUALLY fall in love at first sight (like in movies). I think it's usually more one-sided.

• So you didn't feel it but your boyfriend fell in love after seeing you? I've heard only one couple say something similar to that

• No that is called lust at first sight

• Absolutely yes! It happened to me when I was about 10 years old and I stayed in love for 7 years. It happened to me again last month. But once you get to know him/her, if he/she isn't the right person, you probably won't stay in love for long, because looks and charisma attract, but it's not what makes a good relationship.

• no! O:

• No. You can be really really attracted to someone but you can't possibly fall in love with him/her just because he/she is very attractive.

• I wouldn't call it love at first sight, from my own experience I wouldn't call it lust at first sight either! It's very difficult to explain but a new colleague started at my workplace and the minute he said hello and I looked into his eyes - something hit me, I haven't been able to get him out of my head since!! There is defiantly something to the whole concept

• So you saw your colleague but didn't feel anything until you heard him talk?

• No, he just walked in and I felt like I was bein drawn toward him, not purely physical - it's hard to explain!

• Hmm? Interesting. Well, whatever you felt obviously made you date him

• Not necessarily at first sight, but love early on... I think it's very possible.

• How so? That still kinda sounds like love at first sight. Or better yet, "you had me at hello"

• I believe that it could possible for some people.
    Some people are intuitive and can read others well so they might be able to see what type of person they are and if they are their type. How someone moves/their body language and their facial expressions can say a lot about their character.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, for some people it really works like that. I can't imagine falling in love with someone I know nothing about other than the way they look and walk, but with some people this happens.

• Sometimes I wondered that. I often thought that maybe it does exist but it doesn't happen to everyone

• no, because you'd have to be extremely shallow and not give a fuck about anything other than looks for that to be the case

• No it's just lust. That's why people disregard someone at the start of a relationship for there being no spark. This spark is lust and when the lust fades and they realise that they have no common ground or friendship with their partners they tend to badmouth their ex all over the place.

• No, I don't believe in that. There is nothing like that.

• No I don't, your looks can't be the only thing I find attractive about you.

• That's a negative Ghost Rider

• No, I don't.

• I believe in 'Love at first Bite' mmm pizza. :v
    But no I don't, some do I don't.

• You can be attracted to someone in a split second but not love someone.