Is it normal that I've never had a girlfriend and I'm in my early 20s?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol. Its not weird at all. I'll be turning 25 this year and I've never had a boyfriend. I've been on dates, but none of the guys I met were on the same wavelength as me. If you don't approach women, some of them will not take you by the hand and come to you. I mean, what if they don't notice you? You could at least try talking to them. You don't have to dive in straight away and blab how you feel about them or ask them out. All your doing is over thinking it and making it more complicated for yourself. I made the mistake of never acting on it when i was 15 and had a crush on a guy a year above me at secondary school. Some other girl in his year, snapped him up. She was a bit of a skank. I just hoped that she would trest him ok. I missed my chance. Just do a bit of home work on them first and get to know them a little better. I talk to guys that I'm interested in getting to know. I won't act in it if I'm not sure about them though. I got fed up of guys playing stupid mind games with me. Only to be told, oh i've got a girlfriend. There's been a few that liked me but never acted on it. Instead they just chose to lurk about like paedos at a playground. (Excuse the phrase) lol. As a result I just got fed up, lost interest and moved on. If any of those guys were seriously interested in me they would have at least talked to me. A straight forward approach is a win win for me. Just saying hi , introducing yourself and talk about stuff in general, if you can make me laugh. . . even better. I can't resist a bit of banter. If I got on OK with any of those guys I could have possibly asked them out myself. But they'll never know. No use wondering what could have been.

• Thank you!

• Hey, thanks for mho :)

• Yep.

What Girls Said 14

• It's rare, but not uncommon :) sometimes that's good though, you managed to avoid the hoes in high school and probably saved yourself a lot of trouble haha 😅 But it's not weird at all, sometimes it feels like we're running out of time, but in reality, we're all still so young in our twenties and it's best to just live our life for the moment. And during one of those moments, we'll meet our match ❤️

• I was 23 when I had my first real boyfriend that lasted more than a couple weeks. That one lasted 4 months and then I was single again for most of my twenties. Had one other boyfriend a few years ago for about 3 months. Started dating my boyfriend a year and a half ish ago at age 29.

• Normal is a tricky word. I mean it is uncommon since most people at that age have had at least one. But that doesn't mean that it's bad or wrong. It shouldn't make you feel like a failure or anything.

• No, it doesn't make me feel that way.

• I've never had a boyfriend so I don't think it's weird, it's kinda normal

• I've never had a boyfriend. You're not alone :) It's not fun but we're not weird

• Not having a girlfriend in your teenage years likely spared you from drama and jealous exes/jealousy. As for being "normal", no maybe it's not normal, but normal doesn't always equate to smart, or best.

• Sure seems like it after you read a lot more. Turns out there's a bunch of us

• I've never had a boyfriend and I'm 21

• I think it's okay. It's all about the match and to find someone who cares about you.

• yea some guys don't lose their virginity till late 20s, you have all the time in the world dude

• I've never had a boyfriend/crush and im 17 maybe its normal? Or not...

• Welcome to the club ;) yea I guess it's normalish nowadays , since no one seems to be looking for anything serious

• Are you ugly and or fat? Or do you just make no effort in the dating world? If you're attractive then there could be many reasons why.

• I'm not fat, I always try to keep myself fit by working out and my body is pretty much in good shape. I've had a crush on a girl once (I've tried so hard with her) it lasted pretty long, but no, I don't approach girls lol

• Ah OK sorry, I forgot about that. I've sorted it now. I you would still like to pm me.

• @Shorty1991 Okay.

• It's not weird. I did not date till I was 23 and I still don't know if that was a date. Because people don't say "I think you are great. Let's date" or even "will you be my girlfriend?"

What Guys Said 6

• There is nothing wrong with that. It's normal.

• Not normal, if by "normal" you mean "more than 50% of people in similar countries have had one".

• Definitely not uncommon

• i'm the same in my late 20s. try that. but also kissless virgin.

• The average age of Americans to get their first girlfriend/boyfriend is 17... you're way behind man. I've also never had one...

• It's not normal, but it's becoming increasingly common

• I've had a crush or two but never been in a relationship :/