Are white women the only group of women who prefer to date within their own race?

I live in Toronto and the most Asian, black, Hispanic, latina and Arab women I meet are open to dating outside of their own race and some even prefer to date outside their race. Why are white men so popular with all women?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on each individual person. I do know a lot of people who prefer their own, but I personally don't care.

What Guys Said 36

• Pretty much all ethnicities prefer to date amoung their own race.

In a majorily white country though where Asians, hispanics, blacks, latinas and arabs are the minority they simply do not have the choice to do so or else they would strongly reduce their pool of potential dating-partners.

• Women see white men as superior, that's why. Women of all races want to date white men. The only reason you don't see more is because white men either don't want to date them or they come from a culture where they're too afraid to date a white man. I think human women are not too different from the females in the animal kingdom. They tend to always choose the males who they see as the most superior males compared to the rest of the male population. Just like that, women see white men as the most superior hence racial hierarchy. I'm a brown Indian guy who's almost 30 and never been liked by a girl. That's pretty common among brown or dark Indian guys but highly unlikely among white guys. Guys of my race, including me have to compensate our racial disadvantage by being either really tall (only 5'8 here), rich (not rich here), buff (not buff here), or very light skinned (brown here) in order to attract girls. That includes Indian girls themselves who would rather stay single till they get an arranged marriage to the richest guy they or their parents can find them than date a brown or dark Indian guy who isn't either tall, rich, or buff. This is why I gave up on approaching girls and decided to just accept being single. The shallowness of girls, especially when it comes to race and skin color of guys, was way too overwhelming. Even if I ended up getting a girl, I wouldn't want my sons to live their lives through same under appreciation by girls as I and every other brown or dark Indian guys do who aren't tall, rich, or buff. I think it's best for me to not try to get a girl (if that is even possible) and pass down my genes because I wanna avoid my future sons to live a life like that where they won't be appreciated at all by girls if they're not tall, rich, or buff.

• "The only reason you don't see more is because white men either don't want to date them or they come from a culture where they're too afraid to date a white man" <------ LOL this is totally baseless. My parents has no authority to choose my partner. Secondly, I can get White men and I've rejected three of them in the past because I found that I couldn't click with any of them. Nothing to do with my parents. They can't stop me from seeing anyone I like. You're generalizing the entire group of non-White girls and after reading many of your comments, you seem to make judgments based on your own personal experiences.

• @desidoll Just because you've rejected white men doesn't mean you don't prefer white men over men of your race. Even if you don't prefer white men over men of your race, I'm sure you would still only date a man of your race if he is at least either tall, rich, buff, or really light skinned. Girls like Indian girls who's parents aren't strict still date guys of their race if they are either tall, rich, buff, or really light skinned. Brown or dark Indian guys that aren't either tall, rich, or buff literally have no shot at girls. You might call it "generalizing" but I see it as a fact. Unless I see girls not being racially shallow with my very own eyes, I'll stick to my beliefs. Whenever brown or dark Indian guys ask questions in how do I look question on this site, rarely any girls answer. It's like a guy has to be either white, really light skinned, or in some cases black in order to get answers in their questions about their looks from girls.

• @desidoll And no, this doesn't just have anything to do with my personal experiences. I've literally seen pretty much every other brown or dark skinned Indian guys who are neither tall, rich, or buff having the same problems. None of the girls like us for who we are as guys but only what they want or expect us to be. It's that simple. Guys of other races also go through this like East Asians and brown or dark guys of other races not including blacks. I even remember you saying once how girls in your country don't like them because they see them as feminine. There's always a reason for girls to not like guys of certain races. They will never appreciate guys for who they are. Girls will always have some reasons to not date guys of certain races and skin color like Indians and East Asians. Instead of admitting to their shallowness, they always try to demonize these guys and say something bad about them in order to justify their shallowness.

• Mostly because due to a long and continuing history of racist policies white men, on average, do better economically.

• It has everything to do with your location. White Women in America have no problem in dating other races

• because were great dancers? were really really awsome? (I'm white).
    Sorry, I have no idea...:)
    My guess is it is perceived as we have more power vs the other cultures..

• all comes down to the individual

• I've heard Canadian men are really attractive, at least compared to us American men so maybe the girls there are just doing this normal human thing called liking cute guys lol. In the states we all just date who we like. color means nothing except when dealing with the cops.

• It depends where you're from. Most people will be attracted to the races they've been exposed to the most. In Toronto that means minorities are attracted to whiute people.

• yes, yes and yes

• not the white women in my area. over here most of them open up to whatever man regardless his race. just as long as he is "hot" to them

• I think so ya

• No, I've known black people, men and women, who only date other black people. I noticed most Arabs where I'm from stick with their own kind too.

• Most people are open to dating outside their race but only date their own.
    You see a lot of blacks with blacks, a lot of Indians with Indians, a lot of Asians with Asians, and a lot of Latinos with Latinas.

• I sometimes see white women online whose sole purpose for signing on (or even living) Is try and make white men feel inferior to other races and bad about themselves.
    Of course, I have seen examples of this from both genders and every ethnicity on the planet. It's seriously sad and messed up. Broken people going to the extreme to be controversial, different, or just plain hateful.

• I don't know about that, but in America white women definitely date outside their race as much as black men do. We're both probably the most 'interracial' of races.

• white men are seen like lepers by many eastern women. because they're not considered as family materials. the women who are in america love white men just like the american/ European men and women who stays in India more than a year get attracted to Indian men and women. simple.

• I'm mixed, I don't have a 'race.' And to be honest, I'm more open to dating another ethnicity than I am dating white women. I like women with caramel or mocha skin.

Of course, they have to be intelligent, independent and okay with who they are.

• Actually I find they date other races just as much.

• It's an individual thing. Met plenty of Asian girls that wanted an Asian guy and vice versa

• I like all girls, but I agree at how white men are generally the most favorable.

• I actually meet much more frequently white women with black men rather than Asian women with not Asian boyfriends.

• White men represent the western ideal for male beauty, so it makes sense that everyone wants to date them.

• Eh im in Toronto too and i dont notice this.
    I thought it was just the Asians.

• You're speaking too broadly...

• if ur ugly ya lmao

• I think the media is the biggest reason why white men are considered superior. How often do you see non-white being a badass in movies? Exactly. How often do you see the minority, especially Asians being stereotyped in movies? Exactly.

• I live in Toronto and I find the opposite... most cultures are expected to and forced to stay withing their race except for white women who don't have that forced cultural bullshit and date more for money and stature than race.

• Tell that to all the white women dating black guys for their BBCs.

• Really? I live in Toronto and I see most Asian guys with Asian girls, black with black, muslim with muslim... I guess I see a lot of white with white too! Hehe, I am open to dating any race though, except muslim. I am open to dating Middle Eastern girls, but not religious ones :)

• Well, I should make it clear I wouldn't date ANY religious girl of any race :)

• I also love in Toronto. My white, female cousin is married to an Indian guy.

That said Asian female- white male couples are more common than the reverse. But black male - white female couples are common too.

But you see them in different neighbourhoods to some extent.

• More from Guys
    6

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• there should be a "white men" topic on GAG. Srsly... not joking. I see this question too many times.

• Especially for how do I look section. Since girls only seem to answer guys who are either white or really light skinned. Guys of other races and skin color have to be buff and/or shirtless to get replies from girls.

• ahahahahahahhaaha imgaine that. this killed me

• People overall are most comfortable with the race they grew up in. For most people that is their own race

• It all just depends on the individual and where you are living (culture, opportunity, etc.). Personally I prefer black men, if my profile picture didn't already make it obvious. ;)

• I do certainly not prefer dating my own race. Lol..

• Nope. Native Americans stay to themselves a lot too.

• no, all races like dating within

• But girls of all races are open to white guys along with guys of their own race. Many just happen to not date them cause they're too afraid to. Most non white girls seem to find white guys more attractive than guys of their own race. Girls seem to be more influenced by the media's promotion of European beauty standards than guys.

• @MyUsernameRules that word again, "ALL," what exactly are you basing this on? I am an African woman and I can assure you that this is not true and I do not find white guys more attractive than guys of my own race, to be influenced by the the media's promotion of European beauty standards I would have to be a child and not know better. ALL is a very general word and not everyone's perception of beauty is the same!!

• @Maishasafari I didn't say all girls but rather girls of all races. As in a great majority of girls of all races are like that.

• It depends on where you live

• Don't generalize. I personally don't have a preference at all.

• no they are not.

• Its generally white women I see date outside their race, in America anyway.

• media effects those race communities.

• No I'm Arab and even though I'm open to dating outside of my own race about 99% of Arab women that I know aren't.

• "Why are white men so popular with all women?" As a matter of fact white men are not so popular with ALL women, maybe a few and white women are not the only ones who prefer to date within their race. As an African, it is almost taboo to date/ marry out of our own tribe let alone our own race, we have been raised that way and with that in mind. I personally think that it's dependent on the person themselves, not what race they are or which country they are from, having grown up knowing (being told) that it is wrong to date outside of our tribe/ race, I have come to believe it and live by it. Africans do date out of their race but there is a lesser chance of it!

• IMHO, white women are open for interracial relationships than white men are. From what I've seen, most of the white men prefer their own kind and have insanely high standards (nothing wrong with that tho)

• Yet white men and Asian women happen to be the most common interracial pairing.

• And not white men.

• That's supposed to be true in all Western countries.

• Well most black women I know say that they prefer dating within their own race