Is it legal for a 19 years old girl to date a boy who is 15 years old?

He seems to be more mature than 15 years old boy. I thought he was 17.

Most Helpful Guy

• he is a lucky guy but yeah i think its illegal at least wait until he have 16 and if u date with him and his parents know u are fine

What Guys Said 17

• It's legal to date anybody as long as you don't have sexual contact.

Whether sexual contact is allowed depends on the jurisdiction. What state or country would it be occurring in?

• Ask a lawyer.

In some places it's only sex that's illegal, in other places romantic relationships are probably going to be considered "grooming" or something, which is still serious trouble.

• Depends on the state. Here in Kansas If you are under 16, and above 14 for any sexual activity to happen the person you are dating must be with in 2 years. After 16 it doesn't matter. So if you were here, dating would be ok but not sex until he turned 16

• well I don't know the laws from Georgia but I guess it's fine as long as you don't do anything sexual. But you could still get trouble from the parents.

• Yup i know. The truth is that i am not going to be in a relationship with him. Nothing serious. I just like him and i was interested whether dating with younger guy like that is illegal in other countries. It is not illegal here as long as it doesn't include something sexual.

• Depends on the state, but dating should be OK so

• Depends where u live and usually he would need to be 16

• Not in America. A 15-year-old is still considered a child legally - no matter how mature he appears to be.

• No its illigal

• As long as you aren't sleeping together.

• its weird i think.

• I hope you're alright with spending time in jail :)

• Why. If it doesn't include nothing sexual and it is more like a friendship. The only difference is that i like him. I don't plan being in relationship with him or something like that. nonsense

• Thats weird

• Not really. Would it still be weird if 19 years old guy liked 15 years old girl? No, right?

• No it would be still weird when i was in my early 20s most girls who hit on me were teenagers i ran away from them and thought its weird...

5 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• Date: yes.
    Have sex: no.

• In some places it is but in case it's illegal where you are I'm sure the level of 'mental maturity' won't matter if you're sued..

• It's not illegal to date but to have sex would be.

• Not in my country, the USA it's not.

• Depends on what state you live in, but most likely no. The typical age of consent is usually 16 or 17. You'd have to look up your state's law. But I'm going to have to go with no because he's a minor and you're a legal adult.

• At this point, legally it is inappropriate..

• If you wonder the legal situation of to have a official relationship with him, you can research the Civil Law Article's of your country.

• No No i am not planning nothing serious with him, not sex and not relationships. Just i like him

• Yup you are right

• Bu the way, my answer to you, you are 19 and he is 15, i ses he looks older than, that's okay, but both of you can have different treatment/information/thought/feelings and these differences can create probleme in the point of agreement. And i remind you, the boys grew up late than girls as logical. Girls are more mature.

• Sex would be illegal i think, but it's weird, you should wanna date older guys

• I've dated older guys but i like 1 or 2 years younger guys than me too.

• you're probably too mature for a 15 year old guy, you'll get in the relationship, and you'll start to notice

• I am not going to have a relationship with him i just like him

• um I don't think it is legale and it is statutory rape you can be charged with when you are cought

• You can date... but not have sex because you might end up in jail for that.

• technically it's not legal, but actually it's only the sex that's not legal. And honestly, who's gonna know? I advise you to be careful, because young boys and pretty much all boys like to tell their friends when they "score".

• you are weird

1 private opinion(s)