Do you think people treat online dating like it's just a hobby nowadays?

I was talking to my friend who's a little bit older who became hesitant to do online dating as he's gone through a lot of shit with it just like I have, but he said 6 or 7 years ago, when he used online dating, people were actually serious about dating. They didn't necessarily force a relationship from the get go but they were serious about still wanting to see people.

For me, I've had an ongoing trend it seems where I can get a lot of dates, maybe a few hookups and flings here and there but nothing beyond that and it seems discouraging.

I've had a lot of seemingly good dates that'll end with a kiss, making out, etc only for the girl to never respond afterwards or if they do, it's you're a nice guy but... or I'm not ready to date, etc.

Even the flings I've had, once we get to date 3 or 4, and things seem to get more serious, those would end too.

It just seems like online dating is a bunch of window shopping or a mass shopping spree and when you date, you can't just date one. As the old adage goes, never put all your eggs in one basket.

Having said that, I feel like I'm constantly dating and for guys who brag about getting a lot of women, it absolutely means jack shit. Quality > Quantity.

I just don't know if it's something I'm saying, doing, whether I'm doing too much or too little.

What are your thoughts? Anyone else go through this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Man, online dating nowadays is mostly a sham. Been there done that and i did actually have a thing going on but she was really having another guy and making me an option. You don't want that or worse. You know what you should do, go out and meet real women.

• Yeah, without contradicting myself, I've definitely multi dated, but it's way easier for girls to choose who they date than guys. That's just how it is.

I do want to go out and meet real women, just haven't had more opportunities. Maybe working out at the gym would be a way.

And that sucks man, it sucks when you're dating someone from online and they seem very interested in you only for you to realize you were just an option then they toss you aside like garbage.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 0