Breaking up with girls because they don't like my dog?

is this normal? I am about to break up with my girlfriend because he does not like my Labrador Retirever. He is a really cool Retriever

Most Helpful Girl

• I would totally break up with someone over either of my dogs or my cat. They're basically my children and I probably would've committed suicide if it wasn't for them. I'm always going to choose them first

• I love dogs and cats. I often feel myself liking animals way more than humans.

• My puppy pretty just wanted her to join the pack, and she does not like him... I kinda broke up with her tonight

• @Applefan1 same
      And asker, I would have done the same thing

What Girls Said 12

• I think its reasonable, dogs deserve respect. he's your family.

• Also I personally do not trust people honing issues with dogs... their ancestors help us survive and evolve.. Who knows I if we'd be here if not for them. respect.

• I mean, some people will see this as a shallow move.
    But you see your dog as your family, right?

For example, I broke up with a guy over music.
    Sounds pretty dumb, right? But it was really because he couldn't compromise with me.

What has she done to your dog?

• She ignores him, and he is very social and desolately tries to be her friend.

• Absolutely, my pupp could not agree more!

• Well, I hope all goes well for you. I know that most of the people on GAG might not see you as selfish, (and you're not,) but I would prepare myself for those accusations and whatnot from your soon to be ex. But hey, at least there are girls out there who will appreciate you and your puppy. :)

• Not to a fellow dog lover! Hey the dog was there before her and will be afterwards too.

• Awwww I guess you really love your puppy 😘

• No. But if they are allergic that is a deal breaker because mine are not going anywhere!

• I'm not an animal person that being said I wouldn't involve myself with someone who had them because that's not fair to either of us. .

• dump her asap

• Well I think that's a bit extreme. If there's some other reason with that then maybe it's ok but that seems a bit extreme to me on its own. If the dog doesn't like her and acts aggressively I might think otherwise

• Well, a dog is a man's best friend. I totally understand that the dog is like your child and family member. Some people will see this as a shallow move though. What exactly did she do to your dog?

• She gets pissed off I walk / play with my dog as much as I do. He has a lot of energy. She does not like going on dog walks with us, and gets pissed off as well when women pat my dog. My dog is extremely social and walks around with a smile on his face so a lot of people like him.

• I think it's dumb, but that's probably because I don't understand the pet-owner bond.

• Thatsbnot a good reason hun

• Sounds legit to me. Pup loves you unconditionally!

What Guys Said 3

• It is not weird. It is your dog and you don't have to get rid of the dog because some girl does not like your dog. Maybe it is for the best, relationships often don't last and but pets normally last a life time. I think it is fine that one of your requirements is that a girl has to like your dog.

• It means that you love your dog more than that girl.

• u don' thave to break up. it's not like she hits the dog or anything lol