Did you ever settle into an exclusive relationship because you were tired of dating?

Did you ever settle into an exclusive relationship because you were tired of dating?I have been on 8-10 first dates in succession when not one of them seemed like a promising possibility for dating. Then a girl came along who offered some hope of being interested in more than my bank account, of wanting more than just a reason to change her relationship status on Facebook. So, I decided to ask her for a second date.

When I get to a second date, I usually am not still looking for first dates with other girls. In the early stages of dating, I like to see a woman about once a week and I don't want to be distracted with other "candidates." This particular lady agreed to a second date, so off we go. I knew some negatives things about her but was willing to give her a chance and see if what she had to offer outweighed the negatives (which were things in her past.) And, frankly, I was tired of the first date treadmill.

After about 6 weeks, it became obvious that she and I were not meant to be "us," so we broke up. Shortly after that, I met my current girlfriend, and we have been dating for about a year.

MORAL OF THE STORY: evaluate each potential partner on their own merits. Don't let the frustration of dating affect the standards which you maintain for dating partners.

Have you ever had such an experience?

• I am 19 or younger and I HAVE settled on an exclusive relationship just so I could stop dating
  • I am 19 or younger and I have NOT settled on an exclusive relationship just so I could stop dating
  • I am 20-25 years old and I HAVE settled on an exclusive relationship just so I could stop dating
  • I am 20-25 years old and I have NOT settled on an exclusive relationship just so I could stop dating
  • I am 26 or older and I HAVE settled on an exclusive relationship just so I could stop dating
  • I am 26 or older and I have NOT settled on an exclusive relationship just so I could stop dating

Most Helpful Girl

• Sort of. I got in a serious relationship with a guy who was supposedly the type I "should" settle down with (clean cut, good job, commitment minded) and kept blowing off red flags as me being too picky or something. Everyone was giving me so much flack for not finding my future husband that it got to me.

He ended up being extremely controlling and critical and I was miserable for two years before he left me for someone else who was more pliable.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am in an exclusive relationship because I have met an amazing person.

What Girls Said 16

• I've never done the "dating" thing. I'm more or less either single or in a relationship. Obviously there's a lead up period, but if I like someone enough to want to date them, then what I'm really looking for is an exclusive relationship.

• I am 25 and am in an exclusive relationship. I could not answer your poll because of the "just" part. While I would hate to be back on the dating scene, I am very happy with my guy so I'm not with him "just" to stop dating. Although first dates were usually pretty fun. 😊

• I am 22. My boyfriend is 20.

I met my boyfriend when I was 14 and he was 12. We started dating when I was 18 and he was 16. And we're going to get married.

There was no tired of dating because I didn't date around.

• no. i dont date around-as in more than one person- so i dont really see the difference between dating and relationships. technically whats the difference.

i have also never began wanting a relationship just wanting a person, then it grows or it does not. c'est la vie:)

• nope i have not. that just sounds like a really depressing relationship. :/

• Nope, I would never go that low if I couldn't find someone. I would still keep looking no matter what.

• No, because I don't casually date, at least not right now. I will never say never, but usually I am friends with someone first for a while before I get into a relationship with them.

• No. I would rather be single and open for the right man that settle for the one I know is wrong.

• Voted F.
    I've never and will never settle just for the sake of wanting to be in a relationship.

• I feel like this kinda the road l am heading with my recent ex

• No I have not

• Never.

• No. Granted I'm not a fan of casual dating or hook ups, I do not settle. I want to find the right person that can be my partner. So far that hasn't worked out, so I am taking a break from dating and relationships, but once I am ready, I will not just enter into an exclusive relationship because I'm tired of dating.

• No that is a bad reason to do it.

• Wow! No settling here! I have been single for a LONG time, and not because I am hideous looking or weird. I get a lot of attention but I do not like that many people enough to even date them. Maybe I am interested in 1 or 2 people a year, and then for whatever reason, I lose interest or they do and it has not worked out yet. However, as much as dating sucks I have not been single this long to just settle. I could not do that, I cannot pretend I am interested in someone just to have someone there. With that being said, I might like someone I know isn't good enough, but I will still hang out and have fun in the meantime. But I would not get into a relationship. I either really like someone or don't, no in between.

What Guys Said 5

• Why settle?

• I fall under D option.

• No, never settle.

• No. .

• I am 24 and I have not settled because no woman has ever said yes to me asking them out.