Guys, What is more important for a guy looks or intelligence?

Would a guy be with a girl
1) who is very beautiful average in the intelligence department
2) is very intelligent but shabby
which one would you choose and why

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly your questions kind of difficult to answer and I say this off of the simple fact that well on the one hand you have a very beautiful woman who's in the average intelligence which there's nothing wrong with that and the other hand you have an intelligent woman who just doesn't look all that bad. The simple reality of it is we as people pick who we pick for a lot of different reasons some of us picked from looks, some of us pick from mindset, some from intelligence the list literally goes on forever. For me anyways I pick who I like for a lot of different reasons some of which I myself don't even understand. Most of the time regardless of looks I try and find the girl who is kind and smart and funny and who I can generally enjoy myself with if she has all that then everything else kind of just falls into place for me. I mean yeah looks are a factor that I consider, but a woman could be hot as hell an be a bad person and if that's the case I won't be with her. a lot of times personality counts for a lot more than looks and can even drive people's perspective on how someone looks. Well that's my two cents In it hope this helped in some way.

What Guys Said 27

• Both are equally important to me, having physical attraction is important because it's hard to be with someone you aren't actually sexually or otherwise attracted to. But personality and attraction to the mind as well are quite important for the long haul because look fade, and if you can't do stuff together, have stuff in common, talk about things etc, enjoy each others personalities then why are you with her?

• Looks. Here's a joke.
    "A man asks, “God, why did you make woman so beautiful?” God responded, ”So you would love her.” The man asks, “But God, why did you make her so dumb?” God replied, “So she would love you.”. "

LOL.

• the first is better i can deal with an average girl in terms of intillegence thats not a problem but finding a truly attractive face and body is a challenge.

• also most of the time if the girl is really that attractive she ends up being quite smart way smarter than unattractive girls, i think the media and everyone gets it wrong, hot girls are quite smart , some make bad choices but they are not dumb at all , and those who take care of themselves and dont jump on every guy they find are usually smart.

• Well obviously no one is going to get with someone they aren't attracted to... and i don't think anyone should get with someone who lacks intelligence... so this is a really good question. I'll go with intelligence but personality is also very important

• I've stated this in the past on another post. I would rather have a gf/wife who is a 6/10 but is wise, intelligent and capable of having a meaningful discussion about serious topics as opposed to a 9/10 who lacks those attributes

• It will definitely differ from guy to guy...
    Both of those are very important to a guy in a lot of ways. And I think most guys would love to have a special lady of their own who is both smart, talented and gorgeous (and keep in mind, that if a guy's heart fall's for that special lady her looks wouldn't matter that much in the end).
    That's just my opinion !! Hope this helps. 😉

• Well I'm only average in the intelligence department so girl 1 would be my choice.

• i can see pro in both ladies. if the rest of there personality's was the same i would probable go with 1

• 2. Looks will decline, but if she's smart that will remain. Replay value.

• Looks tbh lol. I mean personality, etc is obviously important. But being hot AF, can't replace that

• Personality is a huge factor you're leaving out. With my class schedule, I'm around a lot of nerdy, uber-intelligent guys, but many of them are socially retarded and unfriendly, meaning they're probably never going to get a girlfriend, even if they had good looks too.

• Guys will go with 1) very beautiful average intelligence

• I will choose option one... I am already quite intelligent myself lol, so yeah our combined intelligence would be pretty high still :D

• I'd take girl number two.

• Guys don't care if a girl is a rocket-scientist or not, we just need someone who can do taxes when we watch football. Ha ha I believe that looks are what draw people together but personality is what keeps them together.

• can't we just have the best of both worlds?

• Shabby isn't part of my Choice.

• beautiful of course

• Intelligence, cause you don't talk to faces but minds.

• A combination of both

• The average one. What good is intellect if you don't use it?

• Intelligence all the way. Looks really don't mean much once you realize anyone can look good after working out and eating right. I mean think about it; How many attractive females do you see on an average day out? If you can say more than 10, and you can, then thats a fucking lot! Dont get me wrong, I love me some fine ass women but they are literally everywhere. Intelligence is where humor, and most other personality traits, come from. Personally, if I can't enjoy a good laugh or a unique look on a subject from a female I just can't do it. A pretty face and nice body can only go so far. Gotta talk at some point lol

• 1)

Why? Because most relationships involve physical and sexual fidelity, but you can have deep conversations with whoever.

Realistically though we don't choose between them. We approach people we find attractive. I've had better success with intelligent girls.

• Looks. There are no intelligent girls.

• Intelligence. The bitch will get old and ugly, intelligence never fades if persistent.

• Personally, I'd go with looks but there are other factors to take into consideration which might change one's mind. But in general I'd choose looks.

• Looks