Is it bad if my boyfriend rather spend time with his friends than with me?

I've had more than 5 boyfriends and I'm the first girlfriend for my current boyfriend. He doesn't seem to understand that when you're in a relationship you tell each other everything and everything is 50-50. Whenever he makes promises that we'll spend time together, he's out with his friends all night. I do not contact him whatsoever because I don't want to be pushy. He says i act extremely childish and get upset too quick. I just want to know where is he and why couldn't he tell me that he wasn't going to show up for our plans. He wants to know where i am so i tell him. I tell him it makes me feel like shit when he does that. I told him we have to be fair to one another. He thinks it's okay to break off our plans without even telling me. I've been in this spot many times but never knew why he'd rather be with his friends than me. I just get upset when he breaks his promise. I hardly see him or talk to him because we both work so much. He told me he won't make promises anyone and from now on we can only spend time together if his friends don't call him.
I keep telling myself maybe it's because he's never had a relationship before and doesn't know how to handle it. Even though i explained it many times.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is not a good sign at all, when your boyfriend starts spending more time with his friends rather than you then your relationship will eventually suffer and even fights and arguments may arise due to this, it may not be happening now but in future it will happen if he doesn't stop this.

There is no excuse to his behavior, no justification. Yes, I agree that friends are important but not more than important than your partner/girlfriend, when you are in a relationship you should give utmost importance to your partner and not to your friends.

In this case your boyfriend is giving more importance to his friends rather than you and that is not a good thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is this worth your time? This would royally piss me off because even as a FRIEND and not a girlfriend, if you have plans, and you make other ones or can't make it, YOU LIKE THE OTHER PERSON KNOW. It also sounds like he doesn't really value spending time with you, which for me is a huge problem in a relationship as well. Like I'm all for balance but you can't ALWAYS choose your friends.

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like he isn't taking the relationship seriously.
    I'd have a talk to him about it and if it doesn't improve,
    leave him as it would be a waste of your time to invest
    anymore of yourself in someone that doesn't appreciate you.

• Maybe your stupid to think someone would want to share their life with someone...

What makes you so interesting?

• It might be that your smothering him. ease up and just be with him when he wants for a while.

What Girls Said 0