Guy walking behind girlfriend?

There's this couple from my work and every time I see them walking together the guy is sort of trailing behind the girl - like coming back from lunch, they clearly aren't walking together, she's sort of walking with purpose and he's ambling after her like 10 feet back and she's not really looking back to talk to him much. Every time they've been like this except I think once. It's a noticeable gap. I would think a couple would walk close together. They live together too by the way.

And it's not like he does this with everyone - when he talks to me he walks in-step and right next to me. And I'm pretty sure he does with other people too.

What do you read from all that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I walk in front of my girl all the time strange.

• Their body language looks... businesslike, hers more so than his, like they're just coworkers and not particularly close ones at that. But I might be reading too much into it. I just keep noticing it when they walk by.

• He seems to enjoy mine - again not trying to get him to cheat, just trying to understand (he's been acting hot/cold around me and I can't be with him but I do find him interesting as a person)

• Yes I see

Most Helpful Girl

• That he just walks slower than her lol. It might just be their relationship. Happens with mine too sometimes, I amble around and he usually has more a sense of purpose. Other times I'm practically dragging him along. I think it's just the dynamic of their relationship. I would read that she's more high strung and opinionated and he's more laid back and chill. So the two of them work, but when together he's okay with taking the backseat

What Guys Said 4

• sounds like they have gotten complacent maybe i personally don't think its necessary to be all Luvy Duvy' all the time what really matters is what you do at the end of the day be hide closed doors no need to flaunt it

• Maybe yeah. Their body language looks... businesslike, hers more so than his, like they're just coworkers and not particularly close ones at that. But I might be reading too much into it. I just keep noticing it when they walk by.

• Maybe I don't know this is when they're out and about.

• ah well who really knows but them how things are really going

• maybe he's insecure that some one will stare at his girlfriend's ass

• But 10 feet and they don't really seem connected?

• hmm. if she looked annoyed then its highly possible they had a fight.

• She just doesn't seem all that excited to be around him in general. Then again she doesn't seem that excited about things in general... I don't know. Meh.

• reverse norms I guess

• I was thinking there was something "off" between them but maybe yeah.

• I mean I know in asia its the women to walk back.. maybe its a new cultural thing

• Listen to "Self Esteem" by The Offspring. It should answer your question.

What Girls Said 2

• 1) he's in trouble with her
    2) this is a typical pattern if one doesn't want to talk, just "get there" ASAP and the other is wanting a walk & stroll connection but not getting it, so has become passive-aggressive

• Yeah this is how I react with guy friends I don't particularly want to be around... like I keep walking and let them catch up.

This is how they always seem to walk except I think once when they just generally seemed happier.

• She's wearing the pants in the relationship

Nuff said