Girls, What are your boundaries when your boyfriend hangs out with another girl?

My boyfriend has this coworker who he has befriended. I'm not okay with this at all. For one thing, they became friends after she had broken up with her cheating boyfriend. (A little shady in my opinion.) This is really becoming a burden for us. So I'm wondering what your boundaries are between you and your boyfriend when it comes to hanging out with the opposite gender.

My current boundaries include:
Letting me know when they plan to hang out
Perhaps inviting me along to hang out more often
NOT going over to each others places alone.

I feel like such a brat.

3

What Girls Said 3

• I like to know who he's hanging out with, and where I suppose. He doesn't really hang with girls ALONE and never would ask to anyway, we've had this chat and its just not like him and if a female friend wanted his advice and meet up he would but he'd tell me the info. He trusts me to hang out with all my male friends even one on one but usually doesn't happen unless its a quick drink. It's hard I know but you just have to trust them and if it helps you can text them during this time whilst their with them to give you a peace of mind.

• Meh, I don't really have boundaries. If I tried to tell my boyfriend what he is and isn't allowed to do, he'd just tell me to fuck off - same goes for me really. I don't control him. I guess I'd just not like it if he ever lied to me about being with her or if he cancelled us going out in favour of time with her.

• Most of my boyfriends best friends are girls. At his workplace, it's all girls except for him and one other guy. I honestly don't care who he's friends with just as long as I'm the only girl he's dating. I've learned to trust him when it comes to things like this so it just rolls right off my back.

You should talk to your boyfriend and let him know you trust him (if you do) and ask him to give you a bit of reassurance if you ever get insecure about his friendship with his female friends.