Do you find girls with Aspergers attractive? If so what qualities do you like about them (personality wise)?

I want to know if there are guys who are particularly attracted to girls on the spectrum.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I certainly can't say that I find them unattractive (given that I have Aspergers myself :)

• Oh @Elivish if you don't mind me asking are you high or low functioning?

• I see. I used to be low functioning and even though I had amazing specific memory I had trouble with socializing and on top of that I was physically impaired in that I was weak, had low stamina, slow reaction times and was pretty clumsy. Also, mentally I had low processing speed, trouble with thinking on my feet, difficulties with multitasking and was absent minded. Now that I'm high functioning I still maintain the specific memory and can socialize (even though I'm still socially a bit awkward). But what's strange is that now I'm stronger, more enduring, faster and better coordinated as well as being better at multitasking, having a higher processing speed, better at improvising and having better situational awareness than 95%+ of neurotypicals :)

• I can relate. Especially the low processing speed, being absent minded and clumsy, poor motor skills... I dread menial tasks like crossing a busy street or filling forms I just can't do it right. But when it comes to dessertating on the most complicated philosophical subjects I have no problem lol. I can't afford a diagnosis now so I can't identify as autistic but I had teachers point that out and I certainly exhibit plenty of the symptoms. But who knows it may just be social anxiety. Anyways I'm glad you're coping well. Hope I could do the same with therapy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just looked it up, so Aspergers are unempathetic? I don't see how that is attractive unless she has an amazing body, but personality wise, I would think there is nothing there.

• I have aspergers and I am very empathetic.

• I don't think people with Aspergers are unsympathetic they just have trouble expressing their sympathy. I also think they're most attractive personality wise as they tend to be quirky innocent smart. And some people find that innocence to be refreshing.

• I am definitely no expert on the subject, but I can see that.

What Guys Said 9

• I like some of them because they're geeky and smart and honest.

• I have severe asperger's... I don't see anything wrong with it. I've actually never really gotten to talk to anyone like me, so I think being attracted would be pretty easy. That's just me though.

• Nope I don't

• Well I married one if that tells you anything. My favorite quality is she does not lie.

• Not particularly. I've only seen a few and most of them I see look like dudes.

• Haha I can relate. A lot of Aspies don't care much about their appearance but this doesn't apply for all of them. That's why my question was personality wise. Thanks for the input.

• Huh... I know I'm obsessed over my appearance and I'm a dude on the spectrum. I used to shower five times a day until I got bitched at over the water bill.

• @theoverlookeddude I wasn't talking about hygiene. But sorry for generalizing. It's just my personal experience.

• Oh yea. Unable to socialize is such a massive turn on..

• Never met one. So I could not say what qualities is attractive.

• Yes the girl I'm crushing on hard right now has Aspergers. I guess I like her quirks. Don't know what else there is to say really.

• It's hard to say, honestly... I guess the closest I could answer is, yes. If I could connect with her. Considering how vast personality types can vary. It would depend. But as for someone having the disorder, it wouldn't change how I view that person.

What Girls Said 2

• Not particularly

• I find it odd that one would think that a type of austism is attractive. I think it's a neutral thing for me, unless she can't understand me emotionally.

• People with Aspergers are more than capable of understanding others emotionally.

• @adquidorator No there's a large spectrum of austism and aspergers. All have different severities and I guess styles. I know a few people who have autism and one with aspergers who I cannot emotionally connect to on a deeper level.