Is this rude of the guy?

So I'm dating this guy and he is in college and has finals coming up in a week. He has slowly stopped answering my texts and calls. He says he isn't ignoring me but I think he is. And the other day he told me to not talk to him until his finals are over. He basically doesn't want to talk to me until they are over which is a week.

is that rude of him to do to me or is it understandable?

I just don't understand how he is to busy to talk to me but can be on facebook, instagram posting stuff and talking to friends but it's just to busy to have a small conversation with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's finals there is a collage week known as hell week also known as cram week. The term was coined for the week before finals when everyone is trying to study as much as possible to pass. Im sure that he wants his mind only focused on studying right now if he asked you for a week respect it he isn't saying he dosent want to talk he's letting you know that in order to pass his final he can't talk because he needs a no destruction week from you because you do mean a lot to him but that is also why having you on his mind right now may distract him from studying and not alow him to pass. Give him his week and the day of the final and call him after. If you do care for him understand this is his future he's concerned about and he needs one week to focus on that goal. A week fly's by like nothing and after you and him can spend a bunch of time together. It may have been to abrupt how he said it but he must have felt he could tell you that much and you understand what he was getting at. So if you like or love him let him be for a week so he can do well. Hope this helps you in some way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Apparently, Although I feel he is Being 'Rude' and Crude here, dear, He has More important Priorities on th eTo pf his List Than... Me.
    You see what I mean and I am sure that you 'See' as well, I can tell, That 'Facebook, instagram posting stuff and talking to friends,' Supercedes You and Any kind of Friendship he wants with You or Anything else down the Not so Fine Line.
    Move on, Forget him, He is giving you aHelpful Hint that he doesn't care if You.. See.
    He could have been More Polite with his Choice of words and maybe you should not be not so Choosey, Should he find the Time to Text you or Call you.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 15

• A conversation is different, it consumes more time than posting something on IG. Plus, if he likes you, that would distract him even more.

It's his final's week, just wait till he's done, you don't need that much attention, especially when you're just dating. School is more important right now.

• No I don't need attention, i just didn't understand why he was acting like this. But I kind of see why now

• You wanted his attention, that's what I meant.

• its very understandable he is like that. give him a brake and try to understand were he is coming from. finals can and do make or brake a future career.

• If he can't talk he should be posting online you have a point there. Make that point to him. I don't care if my house was burning down if a besutiful looking girl was with me and needed my help I'd talk even then.

• Depends. Is he majoring in something hard? Or by "finals" does he mean he has a couple 5 page essays to write?

I didn't see any of my friends outside of class from the week before finals until finals were over.

• i dont know why i think i know you...

this questions is very similar to another one i was answering to.

mmmmm,

perhaps let him focus on his education a bit? you sound really intense,

• My ex and I basically ignored each other for two weeks during finals both years we dated.

• he lost interest and is using hell week as an excuse. he'd rather not say much than come outright and hurt ur feelings. "i don't like u nemore"

• I like a girl and i'm about to tell her to not text me next two weeks because i have exams.

• And your okay not talking to her?

• This is just a just first for me I've never had a guy tell me not to talk to him

• Well i really enjoy texting to her and i would miss texting her but studies are more important. Probably because he can't focus much on studies when he texts you. I personally couldnt study last semester because i used to text her during exams, and i would check every 10 minutes to reply to her texts.

• That's definitely pretty rude... I'd say he's ignoring you for some reason. :(

• your insignificant and unimportant to him

• People have different priorities. Wait till his exams end.

• It's his finals, you better understand him.

• Yeah I'm trying to since I am in college too

• completely understandable. my girlfriend is busy rn and we havnt talked in over a week... im ok with that, she has important things to do so i leave her be. anyway when school lets out it means more cuddle time which is A1 lol... dont let it get to you finals and school are stressful :)

• It's finals so he wants to make sure he has time for that. Perfectly reasonable.

• If he was actually cramming and studying I wouldn't say it was rude because finals are very stressful. But knowing that he is posting on social media, he is kind of a hypocrite on that aspect. So yes he is being rude. Actually he is being an asshole.

What Girls Said 4

• He probably just wants to focus on his finals and may be that you are too distracting even having a small conversation otherwise he will be thinking of you when he is trying to revise and focus on his work whilst his friends and media is probably because they're just friends kin of thing I dot really know how to explain and I'm hoping I'm making sense? He may like you so much that he is easily distracted from his work whilst friends are just friends... Man I have a simple response but it's so hard to explain but I hope u are getting some sort of idea? I don't know I hope I helped 😁👌

• My best friend is going through this exact same situation. Maybe he doesn't want you contacting him because you could be a distraction from his finals? See how he is after his finals and if he's still acting like this, then move on.

• I don't know if he is trying to fade you out or not. There are many posts on here about guys doing the same thing though. I went through a situation where a guy disappeared on me after getting a new job and so I asked a lot of guys about this behavior and found guys really will put girls on the back burner and do their own thing while new or stressful stuff is going on. So, unfortunately you will have to wait until after finals to see if this is the case or not. However, it was rude he said it in that way! He could have just said he is going to be very busy studying for finals and he will talk to you after. Sounds like a jerk for him to put it the way he did.

• Men are assholes