What are reasons some people choose to stay single and not date, aside from not finding anyone they like?

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't like the drama that could ensue, especially in regards to other people's experiences.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to date because I am into that arranged marriage thing :p

lol, jk;

I just don't like it.
    I don't like the idea of being with someone for a long time only to walk away or for them to walk away when a problem arises.

Because according to a wise person, that's what dating is. Being together for fun but splitting when challenges come.

Aside from the religious thing (no touching and stuff), we can apparently date as long as those are not involved but I still don't like it.

What Guys Said 13

• Some people prefer casual hookups and others are just too focused on work or school, and then there's people like me who have just basically given up for awhile

• A lot of people who have gone through very dramatic and unstable relationships in the past may choose to stay single for a while so they can have time to recover from the emotional damage. Also, a lot of people have commitment issues so avoiding relationships for them makes sense.

• Constantly getting cheated on, used, minupulated, I can go on, so that's why I choose to stay single for a while. Friends is no big deal, but I am more careful on who I talk to now a days.

• Some people just don't desire sex or relationships.

• Expensive, restricts freedom

• peace of mind combined with freedom

• My reason is that relationships slow me down.
    I'm training for the Olympics and there is no girl that's going to get me there faster no instead all they can do is slow me down.

• some people know they are not mature enough for a relationship, and may even have a mutual attraction to another person. At this point, its best (imo) to wait it out. because if the two really do like each other its worth it. :)

• It's always very relaxed. There isn't this ever present feeling of "needing" to be with your s/o. I also really like the "me" time, it's been ages since I've been this happy.

• I am not impressed with the majority of the opposite sex in my age group.

• This semester? It wasn't my top priority.

• Fear of being rejected or too ugly

• I'm sick of selfish bitches who cannot be trusted and are all stupid inferior creatures. And yes, that goes to all women worldwide in the whole world.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't like having to talk to someone every day, since I'm easily bored and people irritate me. Also, there's so much expectation: they want to see you all the time and you have to look decent and there are always arguments. I don't like being tied down to one person

• I just enjoy the freedom and no commitment at the moment - and funny thing there's plenty of people around me who are apparently interested but when I decide I want a relationship they're all gone 😒 It's always the same *sigh*

• ont want any dependents or dependance... other than the usual interdependence of living in civil society.

• I'm just too lazy for that shit.

• Sounds like me 😂. I want to be single because real man are hard to find most guys want quick relationships and the other want sex almost nobody now at days wants a series relationship I don't want children or get married but I do want a guy who can respect me love me for me.

• I agree society today perpetuates this phenomena, of a hit it and quit it culture. I think you would do well to screen guys appropriately, there's this book called 1000 questions for couples, by Michael Webb. It has all sorts of questions you can ask a guy and he you to see where he stands on relationships. Also it can make for a good screening tool, for pre relations where you're just talking.

• men cause a lot of stress. not having enough energy, or just not being in the mood to give someone else much attention, was my reasoning in the past

• @thewanderingme: It's pretty weird how the editor deleted the "wo" in the beginning of your comment :P

• @scooogy lol, you actually got me for a moment there. I was wondering why I typed 'wo' good one! ;)

• To focus on their education or career