Should I get him a birthday gift?

We have only been together like 2 months but should I get him a gift. Some people are saying yes some people are like no. It's going well between us and I think it's going somewhere. I was going to buy him these trainers he wanted and make him up a sweet hamper because he has a sweet tooth. I want to do something nice because on dates he does spoil me. Is it a good idea? If a girl gave this to you after two months you would be happy? I know it's a silly question but some people are like it's too soon and I don't want to freak him out.

• Yes definitely get him a gift
  • No too early in the realtionship
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• if y'all have been dating 2 months and he def treats you right and spoils you on dates then you should get him a decent gift

• Yeah I've had a few days to think about it, I know people are saying get him a cheap gift but sometimes he spend over 100 on a date and won't take a penny of me. So I just want him to know that I appreciate it all. Even if we broke up it wouldn't bother me that I bought him an expensive gift. I rather buy him something he'd like that I know he actually use.

What Guys Said 4

• yeah get him something. a movie theater certificate, take him to dinner, or even just a card with a nice note about how you feel about him

but you should certainly do something for him... it doesn't have to be pricey just something nice

• Yeah get him something but you don't have to spend much on him 20-30 bucks

• Give him an old-fashioned.

• flash him boobs

that would be more than enough for me lol

What Girls Said 6

• I would definitely suggest getting a gift. Don't get anything expensive, or anything too personal or relationship oriented, but do get him something. Something like a book you know he's been wanting to read, or just a gift certificate or footing the bill for a fun night out. Or something edible.

• Yes! A book is a great idea! Not shoes.

• He already told me his size, he sent me a pic of this running shoe and asked my opinion and as far as I know he didn't buy them. So that's why I thought it was a good idea because he buys 2 or 3 pairs a week so I know he appreciate it. I don't want to give him just sweets I'll probably get him a voucher for a sports store as well would be better. He spends big amounts on dates and refuses to take any money from me. So I don't want to go to cheap if I was giving him gifts. Even if we did break up I'd still rather spend a 80 to 100 on him that's what I usually spend on friends.

• It sounds like shoes might be a good option in his individual situation. You know him better than we do.

• It's his birthday and it's a perfectly valid occasion to give him a gift. Guys don't over analyse things, they're generally happy creatures and you guys seem to be in a happy space. A gift will only make him feel good. Plus a sweet hamper seems like such a thoughtful but at the same time not an overwhelming gift. Go ahead and make his day! :)

• yeah get him a gift! Don't do anything extravagant, just something small and a card is appropriate for this stage in the relationship. The hamper sounded like a good idea

• Just get him something small and inexpensive. Something to let him know that you like him and care

• Get him a gift just nothing to big.

• do you want a gift for your birthday? if yes buy him one if no do what you want. but if you don't buy him one he'll think you doesn't like him