Ill keep this short, but what the hell is going on with this girl?

okay so newish to my work and a girl has been showing signs she likes me (subtle shy signs). I ask her to lunch and she says yeah but my bank card isn't working so when it is ill tell you and we'll go. After that she seemed more open and talkative, but its been pretty much 3 weeks and no lunch. so naturally i feel rejected so I've been loosing interest and withdrawing. since then she seems kind of bummed out and a bit more shy again so i have no idea what to think. she is definitely showing signs of interest and im not a guy that thinks every girl is into him, girls in the past who have asked me out even said they were giving signs like crazy that i was oblivious too. i just can't get over the fact that, who goes 3 weeks without a working bank card or cash to go on lunch, it has to be a cop out. She is exactly my type so i dont want to just brush this off if there is something there. so what do you think is going on? should i ask her out on a real date and see what she says?

So i took your advice's, told her to have lunch with me Monday,( this was after lunch, didn't get the chance before.) You guys were right, it worked, not only that, she was trying to talked to me a bit after words, hangin around my desk and again when we were off but i was dealing with flipping out customers. Excited to see what happens Monday. Thanks for the reassurance, it pays to listen to strangers.

Most Helpful Girl

• She can't withdraw money from the bank? Seems a little fishy to me, so she might be putting it off just to stall.

• why would she stall though, any idea?

• yeah i agree who doesn't have money for lunch after 3 weeks. im going to straight up tell her to have lunch with me and ill be paying so she can't use the bank card as an excuse and see what she says. at least ill know whether to move on or not

• Lol that's a smart idea. Just say you want to treat her to lunch, and if another excuse pops up, move on to someone else!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd ask her to hang out after work or off day and grab something to eat. If she says no then it's cool, give her time. NoW STOP READING SIGNS IT DONT HELP!!! Just get know what he'll she want to do and move on from there. If you two like each other, get some communication going, start slow, and let it flow. This shy, subtle hints bullshit going get you thinking for years. She's not playing games yet but after a month.. she's playing games. Now let it be known what's up and take her out. You can pay and let me somewhere cheap.

• as obvious as your answer should have been it, it helped. thanks for your advice, i'm definitively going to take it

• Yaaaaaay!!!

What Girls Said 1

• Ask her on another date 100%, personally from reading what you said, I think that she's waiting for you to ask again, she doesn't want to come off as too eager or maybe thinks you've lost interest and forgotten!

What Guys Said 3

• she's broke...

people are embarrassed to admit it.. she doesn't feel comfortable going out w/o money to split the bill.. insist on wanting to pay, and she can get the next one.

• You said she was shy? Then maybe anxious about bringing up lunch in the first place. Ask her out to lunch, you treat. She can pick up the next one if she insists on paying. Better to know than guess.

• she doesn't want you, she's keeping you as an option but you're not the main dish body sorry , she thinks your good but she wants to see what she can get so you're here for her and she is feeling safe cause she has you , if she doesn't find a better man you're here so its all good, move on, dont give her that satisfaction, dont let her feel safe.