Would you allow your bf/gf to go travelling abroad with opposite sex friends without you?

My boyfriend and me are in long distance relationship, we are in different country now, he likes travelling very much that he goes abroad every month. I can't go with him every time because I have to work and I don't have that much money.

He said he wants to go to Europe in July, but I won't have enough vacation or money to go with him.
So he wants to ask his friends to go with him, however, he said most of his friends are females, so he might go with his female friend, maybe just two of them and maybe more. Not sure yet.

I can't accept this but he said I am too traditional. I am an Asian and he's an American so we have different value.

I believe that he doesn't have intention to cheat on me but I am worried about something might happen during the travel.

We are in different country and all I could do is trusting him, but it's still hard for me to accept...

• Yes it's okay no matter they are his close friends or not. Just trust him/her completely.
  • It's okay only if they are his close friends.
  • No it's not acceptable.

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I wouldn't want to forbid them from going, I think I'd just end it. Like if we are in a LDR that already means we rarely to never see eachother or experiece any physical intimacy or shared activities. That and the fact she's going to be traveling and likely shraing rooms with a male friend is just a perfect recipe for cheating.

• He comes to see me very often, we meet twice a month. I don't want to forbid him as well, just I hope he could understand my concern and not to go or let me know his friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't be a matter of me 'allowing' him. I don't control my partner's actions. If I told him he wasn't allowed, he'd just tell me to fuck off and do what he wanted anyway. It'd work out best to voice my concerns and talk it over and ask rather than command. I'd be upset that he was going travelling without me, the opposite sex friends don't matter, but he would go if he really wanted to.

• Yeah I know "allowing" is not a good word, I just can't find other word to replace it because English is not my mother tongue. Actually he did ask me to go with me, but i can't. So he's looking for others. I don't want to forbid him anything just I don't like the idea that he thinks I am too traditional, I think my concern is normal.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm not controlling so she can do what she wants. But, I would be checking my phone often like a little girl lmao

• Avoid any controlling words and just make sure he doesn't do stupid stuff. Cause people can flare out no matter how close they are. Expect the unexpected kinda idea.

• Well after reading this i just can say maybe lond distance relationship isn't for you

• If im in a long term relationship i wouldn't think thats acceptable.

• No fuckin way.

Hell no

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah you are right. While he is young, he always have the potential to meet someone that he connect romantically with.

• Only if the girl is his bff or something. A random chick? Na way